SanDisk 64GB microSDXC Cards - 3 Pack

Bought one of these a couple of years ago to go in my Galaxy Note 2. Worked great for 6 months. One morning I was looking at my photos and videos and got a strange grid pattern for my treasured memories. POOF…everything vaporized. Could not even use the phone with the card installed. Called SanDisc support. Short version is they referred me to an outside memory recovery company that could retrieve everthing for aroumd 900 dollars. Anytime I see a SanDisc logo my blood nearly boils. Searchng online I found out I was not alone in this. Lesson learned: BACK-UP your data from time to time. Question: Just how do you "refurbish " a micro-sd card?

This is sad.

1. Refurb with a 30-day warranty. That short of a warranty means they don’t have confidence in the product.
  2. Only class 10, not UHS-1 rated. This is older stuff.
  3. More expensive than a brand new 64gb that includes an adapter, is 60% faster, and with a 10-year warranty.
    Samsung 64GB EVO Micro SDXC w/ Adapter
    up to 48MB/s -UHS 1 - Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP64DA/AM)

Buying 3 means that the shipping is included too.

I bothers me that these are “factory refurbished.” Something solid state like this should not need refurbishing, should it?

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A-Version/dp/B00M55C1I2

HA HA HA more expensive for the refurbs than for new ones on amazon by about fifty cents each.