Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player

Yep… It does indeed appear to have UMS/MSC mode, so you can do drag-and-drop with your filemanager on non-Windows platforms.

the abovelinked review states:
The Clip is an MTP device and states in all packaging and literature that it is only compatible with Windows XP SP2 and above. This is the official support; however, I did find that it is actually MTP/MSC OS selectable, meaning that if the MTP protocol is not present when used with Linux or Mac systems, it will kick into MSC mode.

At times I think of the Woot community as friends but to count their purchases for yours is a stretch!!!

I just read through the manual. Short answer: yes. Long answer: you can buy an optional A/C or car adapter. Manual states you can listen to it while charging, though.

I HAVE HAD 2 DIFFERENT SANSA PLAYERS. THE FIRST WAS JUST A 1 GB AND WAS A GREAT STARTER. THE SECOND IS THE 8 GB VIEW. I HAVE HAD GREAT LUCK WITH BOTH AND AM NOT AFRAID TO BUY ANY OF THEM. THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAYER FOR THE PRICE.

if you want something for bookmarking, get yourself an e200 series(V1) and rockbox it. It’ll work fine.

Thanks, Dhraak! See, and THIS is why I ask my silly questions… You people, you are almost TOO smart…

And this? --The Clip is an MTP device and states in all packaging and literature that it is only compatible with Windows XP SP2 and above. This is the official support; however, I did find that it is actually MTP/MSC OS selectable, meaning that **if the MTP protocol is not present when used with Linux or Mac systems, it will kick into MSC mode.-- This, is SUCH a turn on…

biggrin

why do people get their panties bunched up over refurbs- just about everything I have gotten from woot has been a refurb and I have never had a problem with any of it…its like local news syndrome- you only hear about the bad stuff that happens

That’s a pretty strong claim, but you’ve stated no basis in fact for your assertion that “I guess sandisk does the same.” I’ve got a respiffed Sansa e250 that has worked perfectly for almost a year and sounds great. This is a very good woot.

Alright Lamb. Buy one. Buy a thousand. Like I said, I think what these guys are doing is great. And it could be just that much greater if you do buy one million of these. They get paid, they are able to buy better stuff, we all get great deals, and you get one million 2GB mp3 players. I think we all will come out ahead if you follow through. Thanks for making this even more fun!

“Brand new” panties don’t bunch up - Only refurbed panties bunch up… These folks are just experiencing buyers remorse!

i have a sansa and its pretty sturdy, i workout with it and take it to the sauna, drop it all the time and it still works like a champ. I have had it for over a year now.

I have one of these from Woot. Also a refurb (though I paid a little more I think). It is great! I have bought three Sansa Refurbs and they all work exceptionally well. Well, except for the one my daughter sat on!

If you get this make sure you get the latest firmware, which makes this device a lot better, including ogg support!

Works just fine in Linux, including drag and drop.

Updating the firmware is easy, even in Linux (for a product that supports Windows). Just find a site that has the .bin file, and drag it to the devices root directory, then reboot the device. Done!

WHEN YOU PUT THINGS IN ALL CAPS, PEOPLE THINK YOU’RE YELLING IN MONOTONE AND IT’S VERY DISTRACTING TO ME.

Sorry. I have ADD and that just threw me for a loop. Anyway, I think this is great player with plenty of room for a great running mix. For twenty bucks, I wouldn’t be that upset even if it breaks. I can live without an SD slot, since I have another MP3 player for serious listening. That’s just how I prioritize these things.

I didn’t see a color choice, so I am assuming it comes in black right Woot?

I have one of these. I actually gave away my iPod soon after I bought the clip. I realized that the music mattered, not the clunky iPod touch wheel.

I am going to dump my Zune. Too heavy and cumbersome for what i need.

I have to agree with you Ojoya. Although I’m not expecting $18 Audi’s, I am expecting quality “stuff”. And by “quality stuff”, we all know that I mean things we DO NOT NEED, but def want. And that’s OK.

My wife wanted a Ipod Shuffle for using at the gym. I did some research and we ended up buying two of these instead. Twice the capacity, half the price, more control and better sound. Plus the battery life is AWESOME. I use it every time I go to the gym (3-4 times per week) and I’ve only had to charge it about three times in the 6 months I’ve had it.

Just something to keep in mind with the Sansa’s. I have 3. In order to charge them, they must be turned on. Either to FM or music. The best way to charge them is via mini usb cable to computer. For good measure I open up windows media player but you do not have to sync. I have had no luck with AC chargers. For example this mini usb port is the same as my motorola razor cellphone. The AC charger does not work for the Sansa. You can also charge your Razor cellphone via the mini usb port connected to a computer.

I have the 4GB Sansa Clip and love it. Drag and drop works on PCs, Macs, and Linux, FM radio works well too. If I didn’t already have a Clip, I’d be in for this one.