SanDisk Express 1GB MP3 Player

Well they could easily have someone load songs onto it for them… but charging it is a more frequent practice which would become annoying having to go to someone else every day or so. But I didn’t really think of that, so thanks for pointing that out.

in for 2. kthx
by now who doesn’t have a wall/usb charger anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

What is rock box? sorry if that is a nube question

Alternate operating system for the player.
IMHO i prefer the normal sansa interface, especially on smaller players like this and the clip.

What the max. memory card I can use with this player? Thanks.

I got one of these for the car. I happened to have a carlighter USB charger… and I found that if you leave this player in the charger it will turn it’s self on and start playing when the car turns on. I was surprised that it does that, the other sansas will only do that if you put Rockbox on them.

Otherwise, this is like an iPod shuffle… except it costs a hell of a lot less, has a screen, and doesn’t need a wire to load-n-recharge.

Ah, maybe it’s not like a shuffle. -_-`

-m

Decent USB chargers can be purchased for less than $10 shipped =]

These ARE great little players. I agree. I prefer these smaller players. That’s why I got the 1GB Zvue Spirit a couple weeks ago for $7 (WITH AC ADAPTER), and I’d buy 3 if they were cheaper. They are easier to use. I don’t care if they get wet, lost, break. etc. They’ve just got them overpriced for a retread 1Gig refurbished player. The going rate for retread players are 1GB = $10, 2GB = $20, 4GB = $45, 8GB = $70. Sorry to upset you, but this price is NOT a good deal.

Reports on their forums show people having some luck with 8gb microSD cards… 4gb seems to be about the safest bet though.

The information page for this model is located here:

How long does it take to charge it by USB from a full discharge?

Has anyone found the manual online?

Based on this forum message:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1130

at least 2 GB, and may be at least 4 GB, but not 6 or 8 GB

You mean GB, right? 8MB is like 1 song =(

Sorry, yes, G

And where are you seeing these prices? a quick web search shows the average for a refurb 1GB player WITH a sd expansion slot is around $15 or more + shipping. Sure you can get a basic 1GB for under $10, but you can’t expand it’s memory. So $13 shipped (if you buy 3) is a pretty decent price for this type of player with FM tuner and recorder. I’ve had 5 of these different sansa refurbs and would easily pay this price and recommend to friends as they are great players.

http://static.compusa.com/pdf/sandisk-SDMX6R1024KA18-SansaExpress-UserGuide.pdf

User’s Manual:

I found the manual too, lol:

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/downloads/user-guides/express-userguide-en.pdf

But how long does it take to charge? The manual does not give any indication.

What is the quality of the voice recording? (Sample rate and bitrate?)

ummmm…

I bought one of these a month ago, and it’s okay for the price, especially when coupled with a 2gb microSD card from newegg.

There are a lot of firmware problems that need to be resolved - maybe they’re already fixed, I just haven’t gotten around to downloading the updates. For example, it froze up on me and wouldn’t turn off or play anything. I was away from my computer and had to mess around with button-push configurations to see if any combination would reset it (pressing all four side buttons and then the middle button did the trick).

Also, I really like how it saves my place in a song/album, but it’s not consistent. Half the time it’ll just start me back at the menu.

And… these come with caps? Mine didn’t come with a cap.

It’s like a three line display. Were you looking to play Doom on this? Not much need for Rockbox on one of these pocket players. Usually you just wipe the drive clean and download a playlist and hit play. The regular firmware can handle that fine.

This looks really cool for 17 bucks! In for 1. I already have an extra 2GB MicroSD card, so 3GB total, plus radio… perfect for podcasts!

My iPod photo bit it earlier this week, so this seems like a decent little replacement for the meantime.

Speaking of which, has anyone else gotten an error during syncing an iPod where iTunes says “The iPod cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found.” I don’t understand what it can’t find! I’ve restored it, reset it, wiped it, everything, and nothing makes it work. If anyone has experienced this… please help, wooters!