Sandisk Sansa Clip 8GB MP3 Player

This is a great little player but the documentation isn’t very thorough. I’m very familiar with the ID3 tag info for MP3 files. Those are the data tags in the MP3 file that cause the display to show the title on screen, let your player organize tracks by artist, album, genre, track order, etc. You should expect to get familiar with editing ID3 tag info unless you want only to listen to random tracks, or you don’t care what order tracks playback.

Also, don’t confuse the ID3 genre data with the folders on the player for “audiobook” and “podcast”. If you put MP3 tracks on the player in the root, rather than the audiobook or podcast folder, you will miss out on the player’s ability to keep track of your position when yu return to the track. For example, if you listen to a 2 hour podcast or audiobook file, and they are loaded into the “audiobook” or “podcast” folder on the player the player will remember you were listening at the 1 hour 43 minute and 28 second mark when you navigated to another music, audiobook, or podcast file. If you don’t load the long duration tracks into the audiobook or podcast folder the player will not remember your last position in the track even if you edit the ID3 tag genre to reflect the file is an audiobook or podcast.

Put music files in the root and audiobooks and podcasts in their folder. The only difference between audiobook and podcast folder seems to be that audiobook folder allows you to turn on/off “chapter mode” whatever that is.

I listen exclusively to spoken audio content like podcasts and audiobooks that are in MP3 and WMA format. I started using an ID3 tag editor called MP3Tag to easily batch edit the ID3 info to force my files to playback as I expect them. The program is very easy to use and unlike many other editors will handle WMA files.

I listen to this player for 10 plus hours each night and it replaced my earlier player I realyl loved. This is my 4th or 5th player and the small size and good capacity is awesome. Tis player is the size of a small box of wooden matches and weighs about the same.

Mine came with a long “charge only” USB cable which allows you to recharge and listen at the same time. If you connect the player to a computer with a normal USB cable the player will not play. It enters “connected mode” which is how you transfer data to/from the player. The player uses a standard mini USB cable if you already have one. I also got an energizer Energi–to-go battery pack for an emergency recharge, if I forget to recharge before work.

Lastly, I think WOOT is pulling a joke by changin all of my “T” “O” into “two”

Vaselines!

More than $73 at Amazon & It gets 4 1/2 stars.

how much of the song information does this display while listening?

Can it utilize playlists?

This will be my 4th Clip. Got a couple 2GB ones a year or so ago and an 8GB one too. They are some of the greatest players on the market. Don’t pass them up!!!

Freakin awesome deal! Best price I’ve seen for one of these. I feel sure these will be gone by noon.

Nice drag & drop of the files or folders(as it should be Apple!! I hate my iTunes)

edit: hey this thing changes my “I”'s to “We”!
LOL go woot!

edit again: hmmm changes my capital letter eye to “We” heheheh

to
too
two

I will figure out what’s going on here, woot.

LMAO!!! mine toooo

Thank god someone else noticed it. It was making me nuts. Happy April Fool’s Day. I have purchased several Clips from Woot. Gave some at Christmas. Big hit. All still working. Hmmm… I don’t have an 8 GB though. Ha Ha Woot, keep changing April to November :slight_smile:

I bought 2 of the 2GB version clips a while back (for the wife and I). I love the sound quality and the player size, perfect for taking to the gym. Also I love the ease of loading music on it, just plug in a mini usb cable and drag music to the device. It’s not necessary to go through any interface program (like iTunes).

I’m really tempted today to get this 8GB version although there is nothing wrong with my 2GB.

The only question I have is does this model have a microSD card slot or is that only introduced on the Clip+?

Anybody else look to see if there was an extra link in the description? :slight_smile:

I got one of these last time they were available and I really love this little gadget. Its so small I almost lose it all the time. i just bought two more, one for my boyfriend and a back up one for me in case I actually do lose it, haha.

I bought it strictly for running and exercising, but now I use it more often than my ipod since all I have to do is drag+drop the files instead of having to go through the itunes sync process. The clip is great. Much better than putting a cover that has a clip on an ipod. Sound quality is great and very easy to use.

Highly recommended. And btw, it really doesnt matter that its a refurb. Mine is in tip top condition and I just make sure to take care of it and never drop it.

Does anybody know if this has gapless playback? I have an 8GB View and while it was originally advertised as gapless, it definitely is not. I really do like sansa’s players, with my only real complaint being the lack of gapless support for dj mixes, etc…

I_ was hoping this one had the same special “J_azz” mode as the one on www.woot.com (adventure 27)

Sadly, it does not.

On a more upbeat note (j_azz, upbeat, get it? sigh), woot changing “J_azz” to_ “jazz” is pretty annoying.

Also, my “A_pril Fools” day started by finding a bird had pooped directly on my car’s driver-side door handle. Nice.

Now everyone gets to_ put up with the crazy mix of underscores just so I_ can say what I_ want to_ say. Well done.

In for two - the reviews are good, and the price is reasonable. The FM radio puts it over the hump!

i tried buying one but i got to the screen where the timer is turning and its asking me to wait for confirmation or to check back to my profile.

can someone direct me where i can check on my profile? i click on “MY ACCOUNT” but all i get is email update and profile update nothing regarding any purchase attempt.

my mp3 player just died on me last month so i need a replacement and i like the small ones cuz they are portable… plus i dont need 80gigs of music on my mp3 player when i only listen to the flavor of the quarter :stuck_out_tongue:

Will this player allow you to organize music by artist/playlists? Or is it just all the tracks in an order?

Thanks for your help
-AC

I think I accidentally bought 2…