Sandisk Sansa Clip Black 2GB MP3 Player

I have this exact same model (purchased refurbished from woot)

So here is my review:

The pros:
Simply plug into your computer and drag and drop. No extra programs simple as that. (there is a menu setting you need so your computer reads it as a flash drive)
Good battery life w/ fast recharge time
Clips nicely to your shirt bottom or sleeve.
About the size of a matchbox. Weighs just a bit more than one too.

The cons:
Clip can sometimes detach when bumped while working out.
Don’t know if it is just because of the refurb part, but the headphone jack is a bit loose, meaning it comes out pretty easily.

Overall I am extremely satisfied and would recommend this product to anyone. I am a huge fan of NOT having to use itunes. I absolutely hated that (when I had an ipod shuffle before I gave it a wash accidentaly)

I’d be all over this if it had expandable storage. I’ve been looking to ditch iTunes for a drag and drop interface for a while now.

I’ve had one of these since November of '07, and can’t recommend them highly enough. Yeah, the capacity is a little small compared with others you can get these days, but mine still holds around 500 songs, more than enough for a decent variety in the car. The battery life is still going strong as well, and Sansa continues to support and update even models that have been around a while like this one, with firmware updates and an active community forum. Well worth the price.

Having used a friends for quite some time I can say this little player is perfect for someone who just doesn’t want to use an iPod.

I have been waiting through bocs to get this and finally just said “ALRIGHT ALREADY!”.

In for one, and can’t wait to retire the ol’ nano. I needed FM, a “clip” (how convenient) and more than 1gb…so this is perfect.

Btw, those complaining about bitrate quality…use quality headphones. I ran these through a nice pair of AKGs and it sounded phenomenal!

Good basic player with really good sound quality. I paid about $2 more for mine at Microcenter (mine’s a refurb). Feels kinda cheap though. I wish the display had bigger text for easier reading, but other than that, it’s OK.

Menus are pretty straightforward, but then again, I’ve been using Sansas for a while now (I’ve got an m230, an m240, an e250, and now the 2GB Clip).

I like that has a standard mini-USB connector. I can charge it with my Motorola cell phone charger.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the FM and voice recording quality is quite good… a huge improvement over previous Sansas.

I sure I hope I get one of these in my Box of Carrots! I know they’re notorious for popping up here and there…

In any case, a great player for those of us that prefer to not deal with Apple.

SanDisk is a U.S. company, dude. And these are far from trashy: generally, one of the most highly-regarded micro players, as rated by Cnet and others.

cough cough Anapod Explorer cough cough

works with itunes, dude; see my previous post.

i mean, sure, you can always drag and drop, like i useta with my philips gogear; but sometimes it’s nice to save time and use a playlist, without dropping the simoleons for an ipod.

+1 on the headphones. I’m still using the Koss KSC-75 'phones I got about 3 years ago. These 'phones weren’t that expensive either… I think I paid only around ~$16 at buy.com for mine.

Life is too short for crappy headphones.

I’m pleased with the refurbs I got a while back from here. I gifted one and a second one has been in my pocket at work every day, jammed in with a pocket knife, spare change, keys, my E2, etc. and I still haven’t had to go to my backup yet after nearly a year.

The audiobook directory is pretty nice since if you load said files into that directory, you can start up where you left off when you power down and back up.

The voice recording is actually good enough to record phone conversations off my cell when it is on speaker (check your local laws regarding recording of calls…single party consent states are nice).

If you plan to wear ear muff hearing protection, I would recommend getting a different pair of ear buds since the factory ones will tend to squeeze into your ears pretty hard, but before I got my Wicked Little Buds off of here, I would wear the left ear in the right and vice-versa and aim them up instead of down and they fit a bit better under the hearing protection muffs.

My mom got a Clip+ for Christmas, so I know how these things work and I gotta say they’re pretty nice.

In for one, keeping my fingers crossed I get a job so I can carry this with me to and from work! :stuck_out_tongue:

Bought the refurb 8 gig version from sellout.woot last month. I bought it to replace my shuffle that was stolen and it has been great. The clip is awesome, it lets me clip it on my sleeve or shorts or the bottom of my shirt depending what exercise I’m doing. It allows a lot of freedom and its great if you’re looking for a simple clip on mp3 player to use at the gym.

I now have about a dozen asst. 2gb & 4gb Clips and just Wooted 3 more.
Nothing can touch them, especially at this price.
Get 'em before they sell out again.

Product Website

“What if your mom had to do your job for a day?”

Well, what job in particular?

One, she would fall asleep 4 hours in… working 6pm - 6am taking phone calls for help would not be her cup of tea. Taking 911 calls would also freak her out… answer one call for a CPR, domestic, suicide, shooting… and she would be out of there.

Another one, well… volunteer firefighting isn’t really a job, since we don’t get paid… but I’ll use it. So, if my mom did that, she would not be able to move once she is in the turnout gear. She also has a bad back, so the SCBA might cripple her.

I will leave her be… and allow her to stay the retired librarian she is.

I’ve owned two Sansa mp3 players in the past. Unless they’ve fixed the problem with the fm tuner/recording device, I wouldn’t recommend getting one if you plan on using it for anything other than mp3 music/tunes. Anytime I used the fm radio or record option, it would bug out and I’d have to replace it.

YEAH SAN DISK! WHOOOOOOOOO!

Awesome player. Have 2 or 3 of various sizes. All from woot. Buy it NAO.

the Sansa Clip+ are the ones with microSD