Sandisk Sansa e140 1GB MP3 Player

Yes. Just scrape off the residual earwax.

I know it says up to 2 gig cards, but I bought some of those 4 gig cards a while back and was wondering are there any work arounds to make the larger cards work. Or do they put that because they only tested it with 2 gig cards.

I’ve got one of these (paid a lot more) and it’s been great. The option of using an additional SD card was the big bonus for me.
As a down note though… it eats batteries and the USB doesn’t charge the battery, nor can you use it directly when plugged into the USB port.

P.S… pitch the ear-buds…they suck.

have the 4 gig sansa and it broke after 4 months and sandisk won’t accept the fact that their product broke and are being gay about fulfilling the warranty and giving me a new one. Never gonna deal with them again don’t even bother!!

Headphones look worth the price of the whole package.
1hen2ducks

Woot’s refurbish stuff suxxxxxxx… I bought two mp3 players in past… Both were in bad conditions… Both had scratches on it them… One didnt work at all… So watch what you buy… Refurbish stuff is bag of crap! :slight_smile:

My g/f has the 512mb model (the blue one). These have significant firmware problems - they will randomly lock up and require a complex series of pushing/holding buttons to do a hardware reset, then you lose your music, settings, etc. Google for “Sansa hardware reset” and you’ll get more than enough info…

Basically? SanDisk made these to get people to buy SD cards - they’re cheap and designed to be the “freebie” the review so aptly alludes to…

This is the scary Friday the 13th item.

Hey, it has an SD slot … it can be a 3 gig player if 1GB is not enough.

A refurb 512 ipod shuffle first gen :smiley: maybe a few bucks more.

Ugly, looks like somthing my dog threw up, on the upside if someone saw you with it it would make you seem alot better looking

Good woot.

Too bad I already have a Samsung Nexus 50 1GB XM/MP3 player.

The price is right, though, for those wanting a decent MP3 player with expandable memory and an FM radio.

possibly if u can partition the card

Bought one for my dad. First w00t ever!

1st gen 512mb shuffle, eBay ftw.

I have the 512MB version of the Sansa SanDisk player. It’s very nice to be able to up the memory with the SD slot. I don’t really find myself needing anyway near 30GB of space that you’d get from something like an ipod video or something. This product’s cousin has served me very well and is very reliable.

damn, someone sell me one of their 6 mp3 players, I need one! but not this one, it looks kinda lame

It’s a spec issue. The SD spec only went to 1GB, but mathematically, 2GB is “the same,” address space wise (doesn’t require a different address format, block length, etc.). The 4GB cards are not, and CANNOT be, “SD Spec.” Google for SD 4GB specification and you’ll get the idea…

ewww!

The fact that it comes with an armband is tempting me as i hate taking my ipod to the gym, even with a protective metal case and armband. I’m always paranoid it’ll knock into a machine.

Also, I’m assuming this is flash-based…right? RIGHT?!

What’s with the “Speed to first woot: 0m -7.-940s?”