SanDisk Sansa e250 2GB Media Player

I have the Sansa 250R rhapsody addition and I love it. I added a 2 gb sd card to expand it to 4 gb total. it is all I will ever need ( I bought it refurbed from Woot)

I have one, Awesome groomsman gift!!

no 2gb is the limit. ( I own one and love it!)

I have a 4GB and love it. I Rockboxed it and have had no problems. The standard firmware was lame, and I REALLY enjoy the features and benefits of Rockbox.

I am using a 2GB card, but I have put a 4GB card in it, and it worked just fine. Like stated above, I can’t transfer files with the 4GB when the Sansa is hooked up via the USB cable, but I have an SD adapter anyway, so I just take it out when I want to move stuff.

Yeah, I bought tge 4 gig sansa from woot and the headphones broke right off the bat. THe player croaked a couple of weeks later. No more Sansa 4 me

Only a few bucks cheaper than buy.com
Rakuten: Online & In-Store Cash Back | Shop 3,500 Stores!
still a good deal though

Me three! I don’t even know which model Sansa it was but same problem - headphone jack screwed up.

If you are considering Furbied MP3 players for your groomsmen - ugh. You want these guys to help you get drunk and forget what you are doing. Not get you drunk and get you locked up in a Tijuana jail cell.

I gave one to my 5 year old - It’s currently froze without hope of reset until the battery dies.

I’ve had 3 of these, so let me tell you about them if you don’t know already.

PRO: Nice look and feel, bright screen, easy to use, feels nice and solid with its metal backplate, battery is replaceable if you need to, microSD slot is pretty nice to have as well, you can get a 2gb microSD usually for about $12, doubling your storage space. And in my mind, the number one reason to get this unit, you can put RockBox on it. These Sansas are probably the lowest-priced units out there that RockBox supports.

CON: None of my sansa’s have lasted more than about 4 months (I’m also including the smaller C series, of which I’ve owned 2), and I’m not talking about the fact that they are refurbished, woot has been fantastic at replacing defective refurbished units for me. One of them started freezing randomly, 3 of them the headphone port stopped working in one ear, and the last one was my own damn fault (I dropped it).

Bottom line, I love the design, layout, I love that I can install rockbox, I love the feel of the player, and I’d be tempted to buy another one, if it weren’t for the fact that the reason I don’t currently have an MP3 player is the last 5 I bought were all Sansa’s, and they all died on me. they’re poorly made, end of story. A real shame.

Same thing for $5 less here:

http://www.froobi.com

I had the same problem with this exact model… I had this thing for about a month or so when the headphone jack broke. Mind you, I only used this thing in my car with a cassette adapter, so it’s not like I was carrying this thing around in my pocket, jostling it and yanking on the headphones.
The headphone jacks are shoddy on this particular model and go ker-plunk on an enormous number of them, including mine.
If you want an MP3 player that’s great, but will only last you a couple of months (if you’re lucky) then go ahead and throw away the $30 bucks.

Maybe most of the new ones are reliable, but the refurbs are dyed-in-the-wool defective bad apples. All they do is repair them with the exact same lack of care they installed them with in the first place and then resell them.

Avoid this particular model like the plague…

You can force a battery death of sorts manually by unscrewing the back, pulling the battery out, and putting it back in.

Or you could try other recovery methods. I believe holding down the menu/quit/power button for 30 seconds or so should shut it down.

If that doesn’t work, you could always try checking a couple internet resources:
[]Anything But iPod’s Sansa e200 forums
[
]SanDisk’s official Sansa e200 forums

The crappy firmware (in its earlier versions, at least… I haven’t tried the more recent revisions) could well be one of the major reasons why there are so many refurbs of these.

Where were you jokers when I bought mine?! I have 2 Sansas plus 2 Sansa-Times alarm clock and multiple car & wall chargers, and armbands and leather cases. NOW after very little use, the headphone jack is broke! It is my daughters and it has been protected in a case and seen only an hour or two of use.

I read the posts when I purchased and the weak headphone jack is news to me.

So my friends, my question is, I just sent Woot an email, Do you think they will replace it?

Sansa rudely said NO to repair because it is a refurbished.

Almost - but no bookmarking so no purchase.

This is a great player for the price. I bought one from woot a while back and it can play for literally weeks on a full charge using it at the gym for 2 hours a day!

http://www.netbrilliance.net/steve.jpg

http://www.netbrilliance.net/PowerSeller/PowerSeller.jpg

http://www.netbrilliance.net/Photos/Sammy.jpg

I have an E270 and LOVE IT! Use it EVERYDAY at the gym…I bought another one the E260 a couple of months back sent it to my boyfriend and it lasted a week! It’s dead won’t turn on won’t be recognized by the computer…Sansa said it was a drive defect and promptly washed their hands of it… I have tried several times now to contact woot to get a replacement or a refund and NOTHING…no acknowledgment whatsoever! It makes me really wonder about purchasing from Woot again…I have bought stuff (several things actually) from them and have enjoyed all but this one is going to spoil it…so now I wait…Maybe I can file a dispute with paypal…pretty sure that’s who I used to purchase it with???

OK, what happened to my text? Anyway, the two gold buttons on the confirmation page let you choose between the Rhapsody and non-Rhapsody versions

I have a Sansa e260 and I’ve never been able to get it to work with my Vista machine. After hours on the phone with customer service and multiple attempts to fix it, I still cannot use my Sansa. It gives me an error message that the driver was not installed correctly. Now, I use it as a glorified radio. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

It depends on which firmware you’re using. If you’re running Rockbox, you need to boot to the original firmware to do USB transfers. If you’re using the original or Rhapsody firmwares there are two different USB modes you can try.

And I don’t know if this applies to Vista, but I think one of the USB modes won’t work in XP if you’re using an old version of Windows Media Player.

Edit: I should also add that the 4 gig E260 I bought (refurbed) from Woot 8 months ago is still running great despite being dropped on cement multiple times. It goes everywhere with me.