Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player w/ Griffin Leather Case

for $14 more dollars you can get an 8gb @ buy.com
Pass.
Rakuten: Online & In-Store Cash Back | Shop 3,500 Stores!

Wooohoooo! I wooted and gots me one!

See various posts above regarding 2GB/4GB (MicroSD/MicroSDHC) card issues. Unless this is a “V2” series, you can’t use larger than 2GB cards. I don’t know of any V2 Sansas having been sold here (and have bought more Sansas than any reasonable man ought to <g>)

The real question is will you get it before x-mas. My last woot was 4 gig micro sd cards. they took 2 weeks in shipping time (after tracking # issued and delivered to shipper). Now the 3 e-250’s I bought at at the woot off have still not been processed let alone down the 2 week shipping pipe… I am concerned I will not have the stocking stuffers on time… I was hoping to hand off 1 to family I wont see at x-mass but did today…boo hoo… You must do better in the shipping department woot…

In for 1 as a a backup mp3 player. Sucks i can’t pop in my 8 gb micro, but i have a couple of 2 lying around.

:slight_smile: congrats for you! i’m just trying to be mean so hopefully they post something cooler! :wink:

That’s right… Try to use them together and you’ll fry the Sansa and/or iPod accessory.

You can fit tons of those onto even a flash player. It’s great. :slight_smile:

The Shadow knows…

Rockbox it and then put in the 8GB, it’s all good.

Yes, I’m bored…

Wow what a price! First item and I can wait to get it in my hands. If it last six months for that price i’ll be happy. Wootetated

If you get this, do so for the audio. The video capabilities are a joke. Although it has an extensive list of formats, it’s misleading. The only format is supports without conversion is some low-end version of MOV (and it only does that marginally well). Otherwise, you must us the included software to do a conversion. The software is incredibly clunky, amateurish and slow. But worst is that it doesn’t always work. I tried converting a standard 15 min AVI (MP4) and the results were horrible. At times, the audio was about 1-3 secs out of sync. Googling reveals that this is a common problem with no fix. There is no other converter that you can purchase to do the conversions.

As for using Rockbox, a friend had moderate success. About 70% of the functions worked. Trying to remove Rockbox, however, proved fatal. He now has a Sansa that serves no purpose other than as a nice glowing blue ring. Nothing else functions. He’s let the battery die for weeks in an attempt to hard reset it with no success. Damn device doesn’t have any other way to do a hard reset. And no, he’s not a noob; he’s a programmer with extensive firmware experience.

Good for you. I wish I had bought this before the other dozen or so mp3 players I got from woot; it’s the best of the bunch.

bought 3 of these. 1st time woot!

Amazon has an AIO printer that shows up as -$11 after $70 rebate ($59 with free s/h before rebate).

As for Newegg, I have about $300 worth of stuff in my cart but the server has been overloaded since 3am EST (when the sale started). I’ve been trying to check out every 5 mins but always get an error. Frustratingly, I can’t even send them a email complaining. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle all the complaints when their phone lines open at 8am PST.

ecost is having a $100 Wii sale … only 1 available per hour.

I’ll pass. It’s not a bad deal or anything, but since it is black friday, there are lots of better deals on stuff to be found elsewhere!

I’ve had good luck so far converting videos (a bunch of half-hour old-time television shows – Science Fiction Theater and One Step Beyond box-set DVDs, not copy–protected – and a couple of time-shifted pay-for-view DSS movies (recorded to DVD off the air, then converted with Sansa software). Took forever to trundle through the conversion process (I first compressed them with Nero Recode to save space), but when all was said and done, the results were flawless – decent video, in-synch audio, was real nice to have something to idle away the time in the doctors offices waiting rooms.

As to the brickage, there IS a hardware power-down – hold the power switch – for a LONG time – something like 30 secs or a minute – and it WILL turn off. For repair, dig around the Rockbox site, there are various techniques for putting it into different modes (to access hidden partitions and do low-level repair). Unless something has been physically broken (i.e., smashed, or burned out) the device can be restored.

Congrats on the conversions. My success rate is considerably lower, about 50%. I tried everything from 3 min music videos to 30 min shows. A/V mis-syncking occurs about 40% of the time, and is especially noticeable on longer files. A few AVIs didn’t convert at all. I’ve given up on the device as a video player and now rely on my Creative Zen M which supports HD AVIs natively. It’s a pleasure to just be able to copy the files and view them without conversion.

I’m no Rockbox expert, but he’s gone to the site and other forums. The problem is that you can’t access any special modes if the display is blank (the backlight is on though). Just as bad, the computer no longer recognizes the device through USB. Basically, the thing is no longer accessible. The thing turns on and off, but that’s about it. On means a blank backlit display and a glowing blue ring, nothing more. All other MP3 players I’ve owned have a pinhole and key-combinations to do a hard reset (and not merely power down or soft reset. We want everything restored to factory conditions). But not the Sansa.

His guess is that the firmware restore he did to get rid of Rockbox somehow fried a chip.

After paying $4 more for just a 1gb Sandisk player 1.5 yrs ago, I was about ready to jump on this deal. But then I saw mention of the 8gb e280 on buy.com for $49.99 shipped. It’s simply a better deal and that capacity will last me for the foreseeable future.

Better luck next time, Woot.

Okay, I need your help my grandson soon be 8 wants an mp3 player would this be a good present good him?
Thank-you for helping clurless grandmother

Great price for a great little player, WITH a case!

http://www.woot.com/Forums//emoticons/emotion-21.gif

woot!, you RoCk!! :happy: