Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player

I have one of these, or I would buy it . Great price, I like the product over an Ipod. Waiting for a 80 G Zune to show up on here. Be waiting a while I bet.

Bought one last time they were offered and I got an 8gb model. Yay Woot!

Found this review:

I’ve had my Sansa e260 for about four months, now. I’m very pleased with this product. The Sansa is very easy to use, its features work perfectly, and it looks and feels really nice.

You can sync the Sansa either with a software service (I’ve been successful with Rhapsody, Windows Media Player, and Napster), or using a simple windows folder interface. Each works perfectly, and all the music files will be usable inside the Sansa interface. The transfers are quite fast, and judging by the amount of space I’ve used, this model has room for several hundreds songs. I’ve also downloaded podcasts and loaded them up using the folder interface. They play fine, and simply show up on the master music list under their file name. There’s also a media converter for photos and video, but I have not used those features.

The screen is very sharp and aids usability with a well-designed interface. The wheel and buttons on the front did take some getting used to, but now that I’ve been using it for a while, it seems second nature. The Sansa comes with some simple ear buds, which I can’t stand. The third party earphones I purchased sound fantastic. The unit also has an FM radio integrated into it; you can switch to this by rotating the command dial to find the FM Radio menu item. I don’t use it much, but it picks up a variety of radio stations near my home and work very clearly. There’s a voice recorder (a “memo thingy”) in the unit, but I can’t imagine when I’d use that…

The overall unit is light, and small, but not too small to handle if you have fat fingers like me. Best of all, this unit has worked 100% perfectly for me. I haven’t had a single hitch, burp or failure with my Sansa.

The unit comes with a USB cord that serves double duty as a charger and file transfer medium. The first charge took a long time, but subsequent use hasn’t run down the battery very fast, so charge time isn’t a big deal for me. However, if you intend to use an mp3 player a LOT, then the USB charge cord might become bothersome for you. It doesn’t come with a very useful case, but I bought a very nice case for about ten bucks. Be careful not to buy a case that interferes with the use of the command dial or buttons. I also picked up an aftermarket retractable USB travel cord, which works fine.

I looked at several different players, including Apple, before deciding on the Sansa. I’m convinced I made the right call, and I couldn’t be happier with the performance of this unit. I’d recommend it unconditionally to anyone who wants a reliable unit with good features and a reasonable price.

Bought an e240 recently from Woot and not using it since it skips the sings a lot, to the point of making it useless.

Tried contacting Sandisk tech support, and after waiting 4 times and listening to their music, got disconnected, every time.

Good luck to those that buy this one.

Be advised that this will have a large 'REFURBISHED" sticker looking thing emblazoned on the back that is not removable.

Last time i bought one of these it was a 2 gb and was a Rapsody, used 1 gb for the operating system. they didn’t say it was a Rapsody when they sold it to me. I wonder if this will be the same deal.

You can load a custom firmware on this…

http://www.rockbox.org/

And it can play Doom! Tons of games and skins available for it… Well worth it.

Just keep buying three at a time until you never see them again. And thank you for continuing to purchase them.

And here’s the beauty part – if you miss this woot this time, you can order it when it is featured the next time (within 2-3 weeks, most likely).

I have the e250, which is the same as this model except 2GB less. It’s a great player… the only problem I’ve noticed is that the earbuds tend to go bad quickly even when not stressed, although it’s a minor point.

In case you haven’t gotten this already, it’s a good buy for the features, and a solid player.

4 GB capacity is very good for just a music collection( and I hated the concept of a music player that can’t stay on long enough to play more than 50% of your music), and the MicroSD slot is perfect for expanding what you have. I put Rockbox on the thing within the first hour or two of receiving it( this was my first Rockbox player), and it works really well. I’ve heard that with Rockbox you can use MicroSDHC cards, but I’ve never tested it so I can’t be sure. If it’s true, that’s at least another 8-16 GB potential right there.

Er, if they’re anything like every other Sansa, they’re just metallic stickers that come off easily with a finger nail or a coin.

ME no want refurb!

ME have bad luck with refurb!

HULK SMASH!

Bought two of these. Gave one to someone. I like it… simple. But has anyone ever gotten that conversion software to work? I have a bunch of MP4 movies and WMV’s that never converted to something it could play.

I haven’t touched my Zune since the software/firmware “upgrade”. Bought the 2 gb version earlier and love it.

lmfao

sad that’s it’s a refurb…

How well do playlists work on this thing…apparently it has the capability, but I have a different Sandisk player that supposedly has the ability and it doesn’t work for crap.

So since apparently everyone here but myself has this model already, how does it do with playlists?

Also it has a rechargeable battery according to the specs but I don’t see it as part of the “in the box” area. Just verifying that I understand that correctly.

Lord, will these ever sell out, I mean, like…forever. LOL This is actually a GREAT little unit, I use it as a spare to my iTouch and in riskier environments. :slight_smile:

you know 4 gigs is actually alot of music, I know its not the latest and greatest but its small. and it still holds alot of music. the screen is really to small for video so forget about that anyways, I have a zune. duh im on woot everyone here does… but the software is borderline unusable. im thinking about getting one of these now just becuase I can drag and drop and even 100 yrs from now 4gigs will still be alot of music to have in your pocket.

Still waiting for other mp3 players ordered a month ago to arrive. Come on w00t. Where is the smartpost?