Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player

This player supports rockbox, an alternate firmware. i highly recommend it. Here’s an blog entry I wrote on rockbox on the c200. (I had the e260, but I dropped it in the toilet less than a week after I got it.)

http://ignofibininious.100webspace.net/?p=4

I saw that and wondered which song I would put on it if I had one!

I have the 8gb and I bought the 2gb for my Dad. We both love them! Dad’s was refurbished and he hasn’t had any problems.

deleted

ok, good to know – think I may wait until a few more have used and improved it before I get it though.

Already own 3 of these refurbs from Woot and all are working just fine.

Buying another one for my son’s upcoming birthday !

Ditto!

Good writeup woot! Pretty humorous.

Tired - I will see if this is any good when I get to work in the morning! I expect many good informative posts!

Can the .45 be shipped to California?

I regularly use mine in Vista Ultimate 64-bit without issue. It’s recognized as a Sansa and works like a removable drive. I have never used the software though.

Is this woot sponsored by 45 cal pistols now?

I bought one of these from Woot a while ago for my daughter and although it worked great for a while, at some point just beyond the 90 day warranty the e260 decided to play music only out of one side. Needless to say, as a one channel device, it borders on useless. I havn’t looked into what a repair will cost, but if it’s more than $45.00 (the price right now on Woot), then I might as well of course chuck it out. I will probably try my luck again and buy one of these units. I’m not sure if my daughter treated the device gently or not. She is 7 years old afterall and can be a bit rough on things.

Sansas are a pretty sturdy breed. i like them a lot.
i had a 6gig version that spent 2 days in the ocean, it was all rusted and corroded from salt, but i popped the flash out and swapted it into my 2 gig version and it worked.

so i have a 2 gig e250 version that runs the salvaged 6 gig memory chip from e270 …

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4111/san9ql6.jpg

i think i bought about 5-6 total of these from woot, all been perfect.

Does anyone know where I can get that .45 handgun for 180 bucks?

I’d like to buy it.

Maybe www.shoot.woot.com

daily gun deals?

yes it plays fine with vista, even the software can work with vista. sweet player.

yea it would have to be a really good song. i make mistakes and miss spell all the time. i think it was a typo on his part.

Please tell me you’re selling the .45 on yahoo.

I have the 2gb version of this player (From Woot), and to be honest, I loved it to death until I impulse bought a 2gb sansa clip (Also from Woot, no less).

The ability to sync with Rhapsody To Go is an awesome feature, and you’ll never run out of music to listen to.

The E-series is good, but the sound quality is only so-so. For $40 you can’t go wrong, but personally, I’d hold out for the Clip, the sound quality is heads and tails above th E200 series.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Woot selling a V2 Sansa e200 or c200. Their refurbs are probably all V1’s, I’m guessing. That said, you never know. They might have some V2’s in there somewhere.

Also, the description says nothing about Audible support (a feature added with the V2 hardware), but then, the description mentions tons of video codecs that the e200 most certainly does not play without using the converter software to transcode to MJPEG/.mov.

(If you want better/smaller video files, install Rockbox, and convert to MPEG-2 instead)

It’ll work with any operating system. Yes, even Mac or Linux. (I should know about the latter, given that my Wooted e260 is only ever used on a Linux box)

Just make sure it’s set to MSC mode (Settings > USB Mode > MSC), which is just their term for UMS.

I have no idea how well MTP stuff works in Vista, but I’d guess that it would work just as well.

MTP mode does not work for me with libmtp in (k)ubuntu 8.04.

Why the hell would a 7 year old need (or even want) an mp3 player?

Excellent product comparison!

Cool factor: ASTRONOMICAL!