Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player

Rockbox solves that issue. A Sansa with Rockbox is a beautiful thing!

No lighter, wallet, and car keys, then no sale.

Sorry woot.

Even if I paid this price for the 2 GB in the past :slight_smile:

Throw in the matching lighter & Im in!

Kinda unhappy I bought the Clip the other day now.

Here is the scoop, and hopefully you’ll all pay attention, because this question will undoubtedly get asked repeatedly:

There are two versions of this player, version 1 (v1) and version 2 (v2). The two version are the same on the outside, but have different electronics and firmware.

v1: CANNOT use memory cards > 2Gb natively. HOWEVER, you can change the firmware to something called “Rockbox” (downloadable for free on the web). If you do that, then, running Rockbox, you can use high capacity memory cards > 2Gb (up to at least 8Gb).

v2: You CAN use memory cards > 2Gb natively (up to at least 8Gb). However, it will not run the Rockbox firmware. So if for some reason you wanted to run Rockbox, you’d be out of luck.

There is no guarantee which version (v1 or v2) you will get. Woot/Buy.com sends out both versions randomly.

Personally, I prefer the v2 players, because they work a bit better. The v2 players are basically identical internally to the newer model Fuze players.

To determine which version player you have, you can look on the back for the model number (in nearly microscopic font). The version 2 models have a wee small “v2” at the end of the model number. However, there have been reports of Sansas where the revision on the back doesn’t match the firmware. The only way to be sure is to look at the version of the firmware, which you can do once the player boots up. If it’s 1.xxxx, then it’s a v1 player. Otherwise, it’s a v2 player.

ooh yer gonna get banned for life. thanks for playing.

I do have a 2gb one… wonder if it’s worth getting the 4gb

is this v1 or v2 or do we not know? can it be rockboxed?

Oh wow a Sansa! Quick get in on this deal. Woot never has these for sale and I hear they are great. I know someone who has three a 2GB, 4GB and an 8GB. I can’t remember where they said they got them from…

Maybe that person should get this one too and have the complete set.

These are really great players! I’m in for two!!

Wow - a Sansa and no Woot-off lights. Is it legal for Woot to sell these outside of a Woot-off?

It’s too bad that woot never sells these, because if they did, I would have bought one in the last woot-off, and if I had bought one in the last woot-off, I would have thought it was really great quality and would have highly recommended it. Of course, if I had bought one in the last woot-off, which I didn’t because woot never sells these, I’d be really happy that I got it with a sweet leather case, but a little bummed because I probably would have paid five bucks more for it. But I’d still be happy because the sound quality would be great and the little screen would show movies pretty well, too.

But, of course, I can’t say any of that because woot never sells these. But yeah, these are good. You should create a bunch of accounts and buy seven hundred of them so we never see them again. And I mean “again” as in, in the future, because of course we haven’t seen these before at all.

These are pretty good players especially when paired with a nice inexpensive 8GB micro sd card

It depends on the version, actually. The v1 can only go up to 2 GB because the v1 Sansa firmware only supports microSD, but the v2 supports microSDHC. And if you rockbox a v1 (you can’t rockbox a v2 (yet)), it supports microSDHC too.

I have the same model(paid $99.00), and I like it better than my wife’s Nano.

Nah, it was $30 + $5 shipping last time. I remember cuz I bought it … and lost the whole thing … within ~2weeks. =/ I might consider buying this cuz I’m just fresh out of Mp3’s.

I’ve been waiting for a while now for a good SansaCLIP though … It was up for sale yesterday but only a gig which won’t do for me. =/

Will this work with the Timex TS70 clock radio that was on sellout a couple weeks ago?

In for one. Happy early birthday to me. :slight_smile:

This player is awesome. I bought mine from Woot, I’ve had it for a good 7 months, and it works fantastic. I highly recommend getting the open-source firmware from rockbox.org. It allows you to use micro SDHC chips, and is all-around much better than the original firmware

its like an ipod, only different

what is the deal with all these refurbs by Sansa, sounds like they are poor quality. Never do I see brand new ones available for sale on woot! Did receive the timex clock radio with sansa 1gb refurf that attaches at the top and it was great edition to the bedroom. Very slick looking and best of all it has an adjusting dimmer light, just like the ihome can do!