Sandisk Sansa e270 6GB Media Player

rockbox is awesome. adds bunch of games and effects. and tons of themes if you don’t like the original. record fm radio etc etc. cool stuff. i got the 2 gig model from earlier woot and i just wooted 2 more.

Oh, and can it play while charging? It’s annoying when the battery is dead and you can’t listen while it’s charging…

I have no idea why woot! states you NEED Windows Media Player 10+ as a system requirement.

This is false.

Froogled

oh darn… another refurb!

this would be such a cool price if it were only new…

are these sansa platyers that bad? there seems to be a lot of refurbs of these…

Is this any good?
I am looking for a MP3 player for my wife. No preferences as in ipod, zen or sansa. Whatever works. I don’t care about refurb or new either.

Yes it will work like a flash drive. I have the 4gb version and it works great, is a good voice recorder and has a fm radio built in as well.

you can find good information on it at http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Ive had mine for a year and its been spot on… solid. the jog wheel is a bit stiff and I have big man hands and the buttons are a bit small but otherwise a solid unit.

Technically you cant play while charging, but there is a kludge if you half disconnect the charge/connect cable it will charge while it operates. Not a perfect solution but there you are. it has a super long battery life so its never been an issue with me.

I have the 4 GB Sansa and it really good with all the options like FM,Voice Recording, Adding more external gigs etc , but for a refurb the price is high…sometime back buy.com had 8 GB new ones for $130 I guess…

ahhh I’d jump all over this if it weren’t for the fact that playlist functionality on it blows

i got the 2gb sansa and it’s great. no OGG support, but it’ll do video like the new nano for much less.

Anyone know if you can get this to work with Linux?

thank you sir!

I bought the Sansa e250 2GB refurb player not too long ago and love it. It’s expandable to 4GB with a memory card, so it can hold everything I need. If I didn’t have the e250, I’d be all over this one.

I have the 8 gig. It does video; I don’t use it for that because the screen is teeny, but the sample video on it is very pretty. I don’t know about a mac, but on a windows system it shows up as removable media, so it can serve as a flash drive. I don’t think I’d go for a refurb at this price though.

Yep, works great with Rockbox! You can play video, Doom, Gameboy apps, oh yeah, and it plays music as well!

If I didn’t already have the iriver 20 GB already from Woot, I’d snag me one!

www.rockbox.org

This DOES work with Rockbox! In fact, Rockbox will let you use larger MicroSD cards than the original firmware. Also, FYI, the Rhapsody versions also work with Rockbox now.

Sandisk is great. I highly recommend this one.

I don’t think so, considering an e250 (2gb) goes for $80.00, e260 (4gb) goes for $120-130, etc. This seems right in line for a factory reconditioned player. I love my e260, 20 hours battery life, drag and drop ability, as well as its flexibility to use multiple subscription formats for music… Very versatile and satisfying mp3 player.

I am pretty sure this is not that good of a deal. Saw same player at the local Wal-mart for a lower price. Probably a local thing. These arent bad players, and this is a pretty good idea if you compare it to the price of an iPod of similar size

There is a good third party playlist editor I would recommend to anyone that uses this unit. works great for me.