Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Media Player

Depends upon the bit rate. The charts on this page should help you.

I own 2 E280s and 3 8GB Fuzes. Rockbox mods are excellent if you want to play your FLAC files instead of transcoding to mp3. After trying iRiver, 2nd Gen iPod and Creative Zen players, I really prefer these Sansa players. Also, if you have a “younger person” who has to have their own mp3 player like their friends or older brother/sister, you can’t go wrong with one of these.

YouTube review

4GB may be cutting things short but these have been getting great reviews. In for one! :slight_smile:

http://rewardslink.info/flash/images/19.gif

I love these players. I have 2 4gigs and 1 8 gig. They are easy to use and update. I also like that you can expand them by using a micro sdhc card. I also have an ipod touch 32 gig. If they made this sansa’s with more storage like 50 plus gig I would proudly get rid of my Ipod! So all in all if you dont have one of these, get one!

I’ve wondered for years, do Sansas require Rhapsody, or can you use any media player (Windows Media, iTunes, etc.)?

First we had Roombas constantly and we apparently are still in the Sansa phase. I can’t wait for the next big SkyMall item. Maybe RFID? Adroid OS in every appliance? I just can’t wait for 3D minesweeper while I’m on the toilet.

My old rule of thumb from MP3 days was one MB per minute of music. I think you might be able to beat that now but it’s still a good upper limit. So, 4000 minutes (depending on which definition of gigabyte they use) / 3.5 minutes per song = 1142.

I have both the v1 and v2 of this in 4GB and 8GB(size has no correlation to version) and i say they work great. If you have a cruddy PMP or no PMP, get one of these with a MicroSDHC and you got yourself a great little machine.

These can read MicroSDHC Cards for sizes upto 32GB, after that it becomes MicroSDXC which isn’t supported by the fuze.

I’m a bigger fan of my old zen Xtra. It was the absolute best mp3 player i’ve ever owned. It was ugly, the interface wasn’t that smooth, and it was bulky. But it had so many features that are good for an mp3 player.

Awe-some! What’s YouYube!

Website

CNET Review

Amazon Reviews (4/5 starts)

I have this Fuze & the 8GB one. My Zune & my Sony stay home a lot more nowadays.

Tip: Invest in some good earbuds and you’re set.

At 320, about 600 . Up to about 1000 at 128

(Ish)

I recently got my 8GB Fuze from a previous woot (I’m sure NightGhost will link it soon). It is fantastic. It’s thinner than I thought it would be. Screen is beautiful, click-wheel interface is easy to use. Windows Media Player recognized it, and I was able to sync over all my Zune Pass songs.
The video converter is better than I thought it would be. I put all my RvB episodes (which were in .mp4’s). You gotta have the Fuze hooked up when converting videos so it can load them on immediately.
Mine came preloaded with the previous owner’s music (some sort of smooth jazz? idk). It looks and performs perfectly. I am looking forward to getting a microSD card (listening, woot gods?) so I can fill it up even more.
I didn’t try the included earbuds. I got a nice pair of Sennheisers (sp?) from Woot’s daddy company (Amazon).

If you are on the fence, just buy it!

I know for sure WinAmp’ll work with them… or you can just click and drag. Or copy and paste, if that’s more your style.

Ditto. I’m sure they planned it that way.

I’m sure he means 1000. At least I hope he does.

Here’s the manual

They work with Windows Media Player. And no they do not require rhapsody at all. I do have it though.