Sandisk Sansa Fuze 8GB Media Player

I’d be interested in knowing this, too.

I’d also like to know what it’s like adding video files to the player.

Is it like the Sansa Clips that I have that you just drag and drop music files to like a thumbdrive and the player just recognizes them on their own?

Or do you have to use some program to sync the video files to it?

Or is there some software that has to convert the video files to a format readable by the player?

And then, what video formats (wmv, avi, etc.) are usable?

Thanks

Edit: I just want to add that I ask these questions because I had an Enza dream’eo that was a pain in the ass to add video files to.

I had to convert the video files on my own before I could even try to use Windows Media Player to try and convert it again to something viewable by the player.

And even then, the audio and video were always out of sync.

It’s (very nicely) etched. Early on they were stickers, but that stopped a long time ago.

It’s not huge or anything…in fact, it’s only about 1/4 the size of the SanDisk logo. But it is there, and it’s not removable.

I don’t have the fuze, but the refurbished Clip that I bought has a small R carved into the back of it. It’s not something that is easily removed.

Oh no. Much too small. Smaller than your phone. Music videos - very good. TV episodes - apply trifocals after 20 minutes.

[quote postid=“3559927”
user=“jamesbottomtooth”]
permanently? like the shiny sticker letters that can be removed with your finger nail? or laser etching?
[/quote]

Just an FYI. My 4GB Fuze didn’t have the refurb stickers on the back. It did come in a plain brown box though.

Here’s a YouTube video review of the Sansa Fuze 4GB. I’d imagine that most of the review applies to the 8GB as well.

My E260 just succumbed to a gravity-related incident, so this is tempting.

When an item is refurbished, is the battery replaced, or does it come with the original battery. Cnet says you could potentially get 24h of playback, but if this is an old and used battery, that number will certainly be much lower, right? Does anyone know?

I really need an MP3 player with a good battery because I have a Zune which gets a max of 2 hours after 2 years of use. It’s frustrating to say the least.

doitdoitdoitdoit
I stepped on my old e280 :frowning:
but I’m happy with my Fuze replacement

There’s actually a decent way to get video playback now.

[video4fuze](http://code.google.com/p/video4fuze/) (Freeware!)

lets you not have to deal with the buggy Sansa Media Converter.

vide4fuze also puts your photos on the player and creates playlists that use both the internal memory and the microsd card.
Next best thing to Rockbox. I don’t know if these come as a V1 but if they do you can Rockbox them.

The rated 24 hours is under the absolute best conditions. Lowest LCD settings, shortest backlight time, very low bitrate files being played. 20 hours real life is more like it. One of the refurbs I picked up gets that easy. The other I Rockboxed. Since Rockbox isn’t optimized for battery life yet I get about 12 good hours from a full charge.

In for one to replace a completely unbrickable e280. :frowning:

Is the word “refurb” made of glued-on metallic letters? I got a sansa e250, refurbished, off of here some time ago, which was branded REFURB, and the letters came off easily with some fingernail scraping.

Audiobooks are superb:

• Automatic bookmarking. When you open the audiobook again, it’ll ask if you want to resume playback or start over. However, it won’t notify you when exiting the audiobook that it has actually bookmarked it for you (which was a tad frustrating the first time around).
  • Allows for fast/regular/slow playback speeds without making the it sound like a chipmunk.

If you don’t mind paying 3 times the price you could get a Cowon d2. It’s rated for 52 hours of music playback. I’ve only used the charger it comes with a couple of times. The few minutes I have it hooked up to the computer each week to upload music is more than enough to keep it going.

Gravity s-u-c-k-s.

Great, thanks man. Definitely in for one. Im also liking the video4fuze, seems pretty cool.

I have this model, though not refurb, and I love it! I don’t really use it for videos, but if you want a small, easily navigable player with a decent amount of space, Sansa is definitely the most bang for your buck!

No, these letters on the two I got about five months ago are etched into the case. Although it’s possible, I kind of doubt that they’d go back to the stick-on letters once they’d started etching.

In for one… the Brown Zune finally croaked… heard nothing but good things about this… not to mention refurb r0x0rz!!

Man, I paid $80 for mine at Radioshack a year ago. The first one died on me, but I got it exchanged under warranty and the second one’s been kicking ever since. I mostly use it in my car for music, and the thing’s got a sweet battery life. It can take a few hard knocks too.

The only really annoying thing is that when you load music from a MicroSD card in the expansion slot, the player can take FOREVER to index it. And if the card ever accidentally pops up, it has to index all over again. And while it’s doing that, you can’t listen to any music. So sometimes I’d turn on the player, see the card had accidentally ejected/reinserted by itself, and was indexing – I’d eject the card just to cancel the process so I could get to whatever music was on the actual hard disk.