Sandisk Sansa Fuze 8GB Media Player

Can it play AAC songs from iTunes?

This looks like a steal at this price. At Overstock, the 2GB refurb is $35.99. Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more

At Amazon, you’ll find this for $73.99 new, $49.99 refurbished. http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Video-Player-Silver/dp/B0015KYV3Q

fuuu-
bought one for double the price 3 weeks ago.

How many FLACs can you fit on such a small hard drive, though?

Do not hold your breath for video playback. I would recommend other products if that is your major use of the player

Previous Woot

Refurbished headphones? starts looking around for q-tips

Be careful–these things have notoriously fragile headphone jacks. A lot units crap out right after the warranty, as mine did. Google “sansa headphone jack problem” and you’ll see what I mean.

Can I hook this MEdia Player to my Yamaha receiver and if so how? I would think that I could get a cord with a 1/8" plug that converts to audio composite plugs. One plug to the earphone plug and the other to the audio in on the back of the unit. Will I get feedback, hum or any kind of distortion? Any help would be appreciated.

I have the 8GB version with a 8GB memory card attached. If you don’t mind doing a little bit of work in ripping MP3 files, it makes a great little alternative to the iPod player.

My favorite activity is to listen to Old Time Radio programs such as Dimension X, *Dragnet*, Gunsmoke, The Stan Freberg Show, and X Minus One. It helps pass the time on those long drives to work.

I have had both the 4 and 8gb Fuze they have been solid music and podcast players for me. I have used the 4gb everyday for almost two years.
The only problem I’ve had was clearing off old podcasts but if you go to the SANSA web site there are easy instructions to remedy the situation. Also they seem to have very good battery life. (hint) pick up the accessory pack if they put them up again.

Can you use multiple woot coupon codes for the same woot?? I’ve got three stored up and wouldn’t mind using all of them…

The e280 is in essence an older version of the Fuze 8GB. The Fuze corrects some of the issues that older Sansa players had (mainly the poor headphone jack durability), not to mention better battery life. The USB cable on the e200 series works with the Fuze

I purchased one of the earlier 4GB refurbs. It’s mostly awesome. Some (IMHO) refurb quirks, though.

1. Sometimes hitting the play button does not pause the sound, though the play icon on the screen does turn into a pause icon.
  2. (this one blows my mind a little) On some tracks, not all, when the screen goes into dark, powersave mode after not touching the device for (5/10/20/etc) seconds, the audio turns choppy/static and becomes unlistenable. So for those tracks, I set the device to never darken the screen, which is quite a waste of battery.

hmm…jump on this? or should i just go with an ipod…

Yes, however the Fuze has improved build quality.

Anyone know how large a sd card this would take? I’d hate to have to type search terms into Google myself…

Woo hoo! A sansa and a refurb at that.

Now we’re back to Woot! classic.

If you get a decent quality cord for that - it would be just fine. I hook up my Sansa E280 to my car that way - M to M 1/8" cord one side into the headphones jack, another into car’s auxiliary input. Done.

Of course I also plug in this contraption to the other end to keep it running for the duration of just about any length trip!

Very good mp3 player. I have a 8GB with a 8GB card in it. It’s a well-built, small with high-capacity, and inexpensive mp3 player. The sound is excellent (well, with upgraded earbuds)… I use mine nearly every day…

I wouldn’t get this is you are planning on using it as a video player. The Sansa conversion software is a bit of a joke.

Only other drawback, IMHO, is that making playlists is painful.