SanDisk Sansa M240 1GB MP3 Player w/ FM Tuner

I got three early in the year- we’ve had no problems at all. Don’t hold that much, and no expansion, but great price for the convenience and kids use.

I bought these last time they were sold, for my boys to use on an upcoming long road trip. The 10yo figured out how to manually sync them with our Macs without much effort at all (although it does not show up in iTunes like the iPods do). They especially love the voice recording feature, and the FM tuners. The boy next door was envious so went and bought a new MP3 player / recorder to fit in. Based on this success I’m thinking these would be good for stocking the gift drawer…

[then again, it’s only been a week since we let them have the players, maybe the novelty will wear off soon!]

I wore out the volume buttons on my 1GB Sansa. I ended up buying a 2GB C200 for my main MP3 player. However, my 512 sansa remains my backup MP3 player. It’s simple, and reliable. Great for anyone that just needs an MP3 player with none of the extras of an iPod.

Buying one of these is the whole reason NOT to use itunes by my opinion. :slight_smile:

I bought this the last time around. It works pretty well, but I have a few complaints. The text scrolls pretty slowly on screen and sometimes you have to push the buttons pretty hard to get them to register. Apart from that, it’s got an easy to use menu and everything works pretty well. You’ll need some different headphones though. I’d buy it again.

Can one use iTunes to sync this baby? And if iTunes works, will it convert AAC files to MP3 to do so? (I know this is asking a lot from Mr. Jobs but it’s my music, I ripped it myself.)

I use these (see first post) and I use iTunes.

Once you have burned a “DRM” or “Protected” song onto a CD, you just set your “Importing” Preferences to “MP3” - at any bit rate you choose - then import the song(s) into a new playlist - then drag it right onto the “drag & drop” player like this SanDisk…

For AAC, WAV, WMA (on a PC) and other and other formats it’s even easier…

Just set the importing (under the “Advanced” tab in preferences) to MP3, then on the main iTunes “Advanced” menu, “Convert to MP3” will be in the list. Once you have selected (highlighted) the songs you want to convert, click “Convert to MP3”

You can do them in batches - or to your entire library or playlist. Then just drag & drop the songs onto the player. I use 128KBS for these small capacity players.

Another person mentioned that these players did not show up on OS 10.3 … I run OS 10.4 and have had no problems.

I got 2 of the 512meg’ers and 2 of the 1gig from previous Woots. Also a 2gig from buy.com. They’re each loaded with particular stuff, old radio shows on one, audio books on 1, different types of music on the others. They work great, the button layout makes them easy to use without looking at the controls all the time. The earbuds aren’t bad either.

Bought one last time and I love. Can’t beat the price even if it only last one year it is worth it. Easy and cheap…

Ship them please, my kids are dying to get their gruby little hands on them.

Thanks

Just received my order… the description shows it comes with a case and arm band, which was NOT included…

Did anyone get the armband and case???

shipp them out. its been 2 weeeks! hurrry! :]

Actually, it’s only been one week. But I totally agree with you. I wish they would ship them out already.

can you go out to best buy or to radio shack and pick up new earphones or no?

I just got my order and I also did not receive the armband and case. I just emailed woot about it. Considering the armband was one of the reasons I bought this, I’m pretty pissed.

EDIT: Woot just emailed me back. “As most noticed, the package shipped without the carrying case and arm bands that were to be included with the item. We are having the items shipped out however it will arrive separately from the original order. You do not need to write us to receive the items. They will be shipped out within 2 business days.”

If you did not receive a tracking number try the following:

Go to fedex.com–>track->Track by reference number–>Enter your woot order number in the field.

bingo, it will pull up the tracking info if a label has been created.
I usually get the woot email after the item has arrived…

-Sparky

All three of my pink ones do not have this problem. Apparently they fixed that problem with version 4.108a

I just got the case and strap today. Has anyone been able to get their to actually fit in the case that was sent? The cutouts don’t seem to match up and the wide end doesn’t want to fit in the plastic. I didn’t open up the strap yet, don’t know if that’s gonna fit either…

I also just received the case and it does not fit. They sent the wrong one. The cut outs dont fit and the snaps don’t either. Can’t even use if you wanted to.

Please let us know when we can expect the right case.

Thanks