Sandisk Sansa View 16GB Media Player

GOOD QUESTION. I’m still waiting for stuff from the wootoff before the last one as well.

That’s something else to consider: this battery isn’t user-replaceable. Maybe I should be looking for an E270…

To bad some have had trouble with their Sansas. I’ve bought three - yes three and all have and are performing flawlessly. This is a good deal, as have the others I’ve bought!!!

First, some Anything But iPod links:
Review
Comparison between the e200, Fuze, and View (don’t be fooled, btw, the video formats listed for the e200 are just what the converter software supports. The e200 OF only plays MJPEG.mov (edit for thoroughness’ sake: although Rockbox can handle MPEG-1 and MPEG-2))

Second, some replies to other posts:

No can has Rockbox. Is it can be Fuze-woot tiem nao plz?

The View was released before the Clip and Fuze. If I remember the ABi review correctly, it’s basically like an e200v1 with a larger screen, different casing, and enough more horsepower to handle better video formats.

Netcraft confirms it!

Hah! I just Wooted two 4gigs as gifts (what, last week??), and I love the 4gig I already have. I wish I’d seen these earlier – I’d have gone straight to 16gig on one of the gifts. And I don’t mind a re-spiffied, esp. when it’s a hundred bucks less than anybody else is selling git!

My E260 yupped and died. Pushed the power button for thirty seconds and ressurected the sucker from the dead.

In for 1 View as along as those crazy beyotches on the tv show “The View” aren’t coming with it.

I really want to buy this. Damn you woot!

My e280 is working beautifully though, no problems at all. As much as I’d love to upgrade I just can’t replace my oldie that still works.

If you’re looking for a good player, I highly recommend this. There’s an easy trick to put it into MSC mode since you can’t do it in the interface.

http://www.sansacommunity.com/blog/entry/10696/How-to--Put-your-Sansa-View-in-MSC-mode/

And don’t forget you can get Squaretrade on it too for another $10 if you’re scared it will break.

Rockbox support is being worked on but it’s still very early and I wouldn’t count on it soon. Even with the e200 series they got RB to do everything except the USB interface doesn’t work.

Be very aware that Sansa is asnas spelled backwards. In Spanish:

asna [ahs’-nah]
noun

1. A she-ass, jenny. (f)

• Asnas -> rafters of a house

Let your conscience be your guide.

L.O.L

and I have been very pleased with the sansa’s I have purchased all refurb/recert(lol) rockbox is nice to get rid of the annoying blue wheel but the original OS is ok too. I say go for it. I will pick me one up if they are still here in the morning!

Doesn’t look like rockbox supports it yet…

err… i dont know. too tired to read but here ya go:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=view&thread.id=326

The reason you do not get full capacity is that the system saves room for voice files. On a larger player the loss is barely noticable, but on a 1 or 2 gb it is a good chunk of the total space.

I’m in for one. Just bought an e260 during the last woot-off but oh well… too good of a deal.

This is my first sellout.woot.com purchase!

I’m still waiting on sansas bought on BF. Good luck seeing these before '09.

“SquareTrade Extended Warranty” – How???

The link takes me to a forum thread that says that they were going to start by putting a link on the product page that would take you to SquareTrade, and a bit later, they would add a SquareTrade option on the checkout page.

I’d like to get the SquareTrade warranty for this, but I can’t figure out how. I don’t see anything on the item/product page, and I saw nothing on the checkout page.

I own several sansas. What is the advantage to loading Rockbox?

I usually buy things new, but the timing is just impeccable.

My 30 gb Toshiba Gigabeat just crapped out on me after two years of twice or thrice-daily use. I was just looking at 16 gb flash players last night, and this one was a little out of my price range.

I’ll roll the dice on the refurbished Sansa View for this price.

“The Sandisk Sansa View 16GB Media Player handles video and audio and makes you feel happy inside. Happy because you know you’ve helped us to clear our warehouse. C’mon, we’d do it for you”

Ha Ha Ha…

I’m in the same boat. I bought 2 during the last woot-off, but this is my 1st sellout.

so if the battery life is actually like 5 hours (like some reviews say) instead of the advertised 35 hours, will woot replace it?