Sandisk Sansa View 8GB Media Player with FM Tuner

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Sandisk Sansa View 8GB Media Player with FM Tuner
$42.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Refurbished
Product: 1 Sandisk Sansa View 8GB Media Player with FM Tuner, 2.4" LCD and microSD expansion slot

So is there anyway to get drivers for a mac for this thing? I know it says xp and vista, but if it would work with a mac as well somehow that would be nice.

Is that the one where you can not change a battery by yourself?

I bought this same exact one for $13 cheaper last year

Total garbage. Bought one from buy.com and the battery only lasted 30 minutes while charged. Stay away from the recert. ones.

Is the expansion slot MicroSD or MicroSDHC? HC is 2GB +whereas MicroSD by itself is limited to 2GB and thus not much of an upgrade…

wonder if this is compatible w/ rockbox…

It will work on a mac if you switch it into MSC mode. But this woot is still weak, picked one of these up at buy with free shipping a few weeks ago.

Aw, come on, woot’s getting sloppy. I know my sansas like the back of my hand, and that one they have in the main picture is CLEARLY the e200 series, not the view.

The funny part is that the picture isn’t even the View it is the e260 series. Had a view. Loved it until I broke the screen. Replaced it with another Sandisk.

The player from the picture of it on the dock isn’t the Sansa View, it’s the Sansa e250. The picture that comes up when you click on it is the Sansa View.

wrong picture. That’s a Sansa e200 series, NOT VIEW. Link to actual product (Sansa View): http://www.sansa.com/players/sansa_view

source: I have a e200 =).

So I took a bullet for the team in the last woot off and bought some of those sansa carrying armbands when I didn’t own one, assuming my woot career would land me a Sansa before long…

Will this model fit in it?

Half price vs Amazon (plus decent reviews). We have one of these and it works great. The FM tuner is useful at times.

You need to downgrade the firmware, newest firmware has horrible batt life.

Wrong picture! Picture is of Sansa E200 Series, not the View.

I was gonna buy one, but then i realized I have an iPod like the rest of the country

It does support MicroSDHC, but not the new Sansa SlotRadio cards.

My mother loves hers, but I already have too many MP3 players… 30 GB iPod and 30 GB Zune, both from Woot. Too bad my dad also has one already, otherwise I’d buy it for him.