Sansa Fuze 4GB Media Player

I have one and absolutely love it. Sansa4Life

CNET review.

I can also attest for the high quality sound. The Clip and Fuze are audiophile favs for that reason.

But chuck the cruddy heaphones they give you and replace them with something good. Your ears will thank you. :slight_smile:

Product website.

I own one of these, I got one from Woot when they were $50 or so I think? (well worth the price then, too!) It’s a great player, i’ve been using it for over a year now and it’s given me no trouble. The battery life is excellent (24 hours I believe) which is more than enough, it’s easy to put music on, just drag and drop. No stupid and bulky software needed!

Also, having an EQ is a major plus, the sound quality of this little thing is simply amazing!

I don’t have a Sansa Fuze, but between actual purchases and Bag o’ Carp’s, I currently own a Sansa 4Gig e260, a Sansa 2Gig Clip, & a Sansa 8Gig View. I have NO complaints about these little guys at all. They all act as advertised and seem to have decent, if not great, battery life, IMHO :slight_smile:

also worth noting: the “official” support isn’t great, but if you wander over to the Sansa forums, you WILL find people who are either willing to help or have already posted the answer to almost any question you could come up with. awesome. http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/

This is not a good deal. This price has been around for a while now. You can find it at Newegg for $40 with free shipping and a better return policy. You can also read about 18 reviews there.

According to other forums, it’ll take “any size” sd card, although only 16gb is specifically mentioned, and 8gb verified.

Also, the reports that running video off the sd card is a problem are apparently not the case:

sansa fuze firmware updater.

My son bought one of these new when they first came out. It plays video’s on the larger screen alot clearer than my E260.

My wife has this exact model. It is a nice product. It is NOT a fancy-shmancy iPod, but at a fraction of the price, it’s a good buy.

Audio quality is excellent. Video quality is acceptable, although the conversion program it comes with is not the best. I’ve found it to be rather glitchy.

As noted on the sellout.woot for the 8gb version, the refurbs have REFURBISHED etched on the back. You can gift it but people will know you are cheap.

There was confusion as to whether or not the word refurbished was etched, or if it was a sticker. Most people that had it said it was etched on, impossible to scrape off. Mine came to package services yesterday. Ill pick it up tomorrow and tell you guys if comes off.

ROCKBOX - This hasn’t come up yet, so I’ll go ahead and tell you. For the Fuze v1, rockbox has made a lot of progress. It’s currently an unstable but kind-of usable port. For the Fuze v2, that’s likely a LONG way off. I don’t know which version these will be. SansaAMS < Main < Wiki

Rockbox-able?

Meh.

We bought one (new) from BestBuy to plug into the Aux In on our CD player. When my 30GB Zune (refurb from Woot) died after three years of daily use, I grabbed the Fuze until I could scrape up the dough for a replacement Zune.

Aside from being compact, the Fuze is not a patch on the Zune. Tiny screen, can’t convert video with anything but the converter software from Sandisk, and worst of all, can’t listen to it while it’s plugged in to charge.

I’ll be a happy camper when I can afford a decent portable video player again and can return this one to the car. It’s decently functional, but I’ve been spoiled by the Zune.

And now you can even rockbox it! Just released rockbox for fuze. Loaded it on mine. No win media player for sync needed. Drag and drop, w video, and games also.(oops just read that this is v2) sorry maybe not on rockbox for v2 yet. soon hopefully.

If it means anything to anyone, I got one of these exact mp3 players the last time they were offered (don’t remember if it was during a woot off or what), so I’ve had it for a little less than a month, but I honestly have no complaints. At all.

It has worked wonderfully, the battery life is WAY better than any other mp3 player I’ve ever had, it’s sleek, small, and easy to use. I love it!

Instead of the crappy Sansa Video converter, listen to this guy to make videos that will consistently play on Sansas without any issues.

4 questions TIA;

1. What is the port on the bottom for? for docking?
  2. Does it transfer music MSC mode?
  3. What is the capacity of microSD it supports?
  4. I still have both my coupons from the woot light B’day deal, can they be combined? they are $5 off $30 and $5 off no min.

I just got back from a quick 2 mile run with the red one I bought from the previous wooting. I normally don’t like anything in my pockets while working out, but this doesn’t bother me at all.

I also have the 2gb clip from a previous woot, and I’ve been using the fuze while working out lately. It’s not as microscopic as the clip (and the screen isn’t nearly as good) but it’s a fine size for exercise for me.