Sansa Fuze Black 2GB Media Player

Previous Woot:

http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=10854

The clip doesn’t have an SDHC card reader on it.

I ordered this last time it was available on woot. I LOVE my Sansa Fuze. It has features my older Sansa wishes it had. I wish I had gotten it with more memory, but I like using memory cards in it to make up for that mistake. If I had more expendable income I’d buy 3…<3 my Sansa.

product site

It’ll go great with those other 5 or so Sansas you bought during the Woot-off.

Just chiming in to say I love my 4GB Fuze. I have an 8GB SDHC card in it and use it daily on my long commutes for Audiobooks. My 120 GB Zune says home in a dock and my 30GB Zen is at work for music. This little player weighs nothing, remembers my place if I skip between several books and music, has a long battery life, and because it’s a flash player, I don’t worry about tossing it (in a tiny little leather case) into my purse.

Mine, brand new 2 years ago, was $79. Nice price, Woot!

What video file formats does the Fuse accept?

It works great for books on tape, including ones with copy-protection (overdrive). The Fuze allows one to resume from where they left off, even after playing music or videos!

The micro-SD expansion slot is great and allows one to easily and cheaply increase the capacity of the device.

The battery life is good, especially if the screen brightness is turned down.

I would recommend getting the case. It protects the device, keeping all ports exposed, while still keep a small form factor.

Lastly, get this wall charger: it is really cheap but does a good job.

This site tells you that this player is compatible with windows 7

So even though the info just says xp or vista, it does work for windows 7

I don’t think it is rockbox ready yet, but this mp3 player is really great.

I own or have owned a 3 zunes, 2 creative models, and a sansa just like this one, bought off woot…

I love it. It is solid, super easy to use, compact, has a decent voice recorder, has speed up for audiobooks, supports audible .aa files, and you can buy accessory packs for it on amazon with a ton of accessories for next to nothing…

anyhow, I’m buyig two more, one for my brother, one for my mom for her birthday.

Sansa Fuze > iPad

Got the 8gb for my wife for Cristmas from Costco for 49.00. She loves it. She has other mp3 players from Sansa, but this is her favorite.

i tried the rockbox thingy and i must not be a very bright older guy…lol…couldnt do it!!!
help me out…namratsathotmaildotcom
im almost giving up on it…i do have version one Sansa Fuze

I haven’t really played with the microphone, on my old Sansa is would start record for no reason and I could never figure it out, very annoying. But the accidental sound it picked up through my pocket was really great and clear! o.o I imagine it’s just as good if not better on this Sansa. And yes it has FM radio tuner.

I absolutely love my Fuze. I get 15 hours of battery life even now, 8 months after the initial purchase.

The difference between the Clip (on 1saleaday) and the Fuze:

The Clip is about half the size, and has text-only menus with a tiny (very bright) display, and no expansion capacity. It does sound especially good for an MP3 player, though. Think Apple Shuffle with a basic screen (and better sound).

The Fuze has a beautiful color screen, plays video, and lets you use a MicroSD(HC) card for added capacity.

If you ONLY want to play music, and don’t (think you’ll someday) want more capacity, the Clip is a great little player (my wife loves hers). Otherwise, get a Fuze.

Sansa hacks:

I’ve been more than a little disappointed with the battery life of my 4gb Fuze.

For the most part, it’s not a problem because my commute is short and I’m always near my computer to charge while in the office. But, it has been an issue a few times. The battery on it is dead right now, actually.

THANK YOU! I wanted a wall charger! My prayers have been answered, Hallelujah!!

Wish I bought one of these before I blew money on my Ipod…

Sigh…