Sanyo 32" 720p LCD HDTV

For those who are crying over missing out on the Toshiba laptop, there is still hope. Search eBay. There are similar deals on that laptop as well as similar ones. Some are from reputable dealers while others are from individuals. Some have refunds while others don’t. As long as you’re a saavy buyer, you’ll do fine. Note that eBay and Paypal offer excellent protection as well as many credit cards. In fact, I bought 2 laptops off ebay this month (an i5 with SSD for $334 and an i7 for $465, both including s/h) and have been very pleased. Nearly new looking with no problems. And that’s why I just bought another when I missed out on Woot’s deal. The same exact model for $439.14 + $12 s/h, no tax – Woot charges sales tax, making it around $550, or $100 more. Am debating whether I should get Square Trade. Here was my post about it:

BTW, haters of Win 8 will be happy to know that I saw a few i7 laptops with Win 7 – most under $400.

I repeat this is NOT a great price because I see similar or better deals on 32" TVs every week. The Toshiba deal on Ebay sold 700 of those models and if you had bothered to look at current 32" refurbished Tvs offered there you would see just how average a price this Woot offering is.
Here is the SAME MODEL on Ebay for the same price and NO TAX is charged except in 2 states. Ebay item 171126498147. Here is a SANYO 32" LED for $10 more 171126497946.
If you did shop for a 32" Tv last month you must have missed the Newegg deal on a 32" LED TV for $159.99 they posted for 30 days on Ebay 300938593323.
Here are more examples from the past week to prove this offer is not “great”.

Shop Now!
Save For Later
Vizio 32" 720p LCD HDTV at Walmart stores

Hotness: hotness: 5/5 Posted 4 days 13 hr ago Editors’ Choice
In-store only and with stock and price varying by ZIP code, Walmart offers the Vizio 31.5" 720p LCD HD Television, model no. E321VL, for $148. That’s tied with last week’s mention (which was available for ordering online for in-store pickup) as the lowest price we’ve seen for this model. (It’s also a current price low by $229 for a shipped unit.) It features a native resolution of 1366x768 (720p), USB connectivity, and two HDMI input
newegg offers the refurbished JVC 32" 720p LCD HD Television, model no. EM32T, for $179.99. This $50 mail-in rebate drops it to $129.99. With free shipping, that’s the lowest total price we could find for a refurb elsewhere by $85. Features include a 1366x768 (720p) native resolution, USB, and two HDMI inputs. Rebate ends November 30.

Walmart offers the Sceptre 32" 720p LCD HD Television, model no. X322BV-HD, for $178 with free shipping. That’s tied with last week’s mention and the lowest total price we could find. (For further comparison, we saw it for $9 less last month.) It features a 1366x768 (720p) native resolution and three HDMI inputs.

@sdc100 & @dliidlii,

So perhaps the price-truth is somewhere in between.

Perhaps given the right sale on the right day this price can be matched or even beaten by a buck or two.

But given that @dliidlii hasn’t provided a link to a legit, volume/not one-off deal shaming this one, it appears this is might be a really good price today, right now.

I too watch flat panel prices and if you want a really basic TV, this price won’t likely embarrass you over the next many weeks. (Can’t speak to the quality of the TV as I do not have experience with it… but note that Panasonic owns Sanyo for what it’s worth.)

Been shopping a 32" tv for my dorm, and yes,this is a great price. I’m not saying that I’ll buy this because my needs are more than basic. But for what it is, it’s a great price.

Nice deal for a nice TV from a nice company. :slight_smile: I don’t know about here but in Hong Kong, Sanyo has a very good reputation. On the same level as Sharp, Samsung, Hitachi and others but not Sony. I think its the same for all Asia. They are the world #1 maker of rechargeable batteries, for example, Eneloops. Almost bought it but wife wants to save up for a Sony.