Sanyo 37” 1080p LCD HDTV

Since Woot was acquired by Amazon, they now charge sales tax from states where the parent company has a nexus, plus New York (Google for an explanation).

Anyword on if these suckers have shipped yet? I have to leave for the weekend and it would suck if this were left on my front porch!

Mine hasn’t shipped yet.
If you click on the order, under My account, you will see an update stating it has been shipped.
My guess is they will ship tomorrow, as they say that most items ship within 5 days.

Still waiting on mine to ship too. Anybody else’s shipped yet?

Nope - Not here! But i feel better knowing yours hasn’t as well - thus my replying to this post. :slight_smile:

mine hasn’t shipped yet either…

Same here. Waiting on this as I’d love to get my hands on it, it’s the missing part to my living room.

shipped!

scheduled for a 9/9 delivery!

Mine also has shipped. Though I do not trust what the fedex website says. It looks like information was transmitted, but I’d be willing to bet nothing has actually left the warehouse yet. We’ll see at the next scheduled update.

I already got the wall mount from amazon. (they were cheaper and better than monoprice this time… can you believe it?)

My tv arrived yesterday morning, and I didn’t bother setting it up until a few hours ago.
I’ve been battling a gnarly cold and have been terribly under motivated.

Picture is good.
I am watching Dish Network in HD (as with all pay tv providers the HD is 1080i, unless you download 1080p content) and it looks fantastic.

I do notice a slight bit of green tint in the blacks occasionally as some have mentioned in other reviews.

I am very satisfied with this purchase and can easily give this 4.5/5 based on price and picture quality.

Shipping Update

Sanyo 37” 1080p LCD HDTV has completely shipped. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

i just got mine yesterday! i was so excited!
BUT now, I feel I may have a defective one… any issues with any of you guys?

I bought it mainly for gaming. I have a PS3 and a Wii. I have HDMI cables coming in the mail so for now, I hooked them both up with composite cables.

Things were pretty good, except sometimes while I am playing a game or using the PS3 to watch video, the tv acts strangely and it turns itself off. I wait like 5-10 seconds and it will turn back on by itself.

I’ve done a lot of testing (game playing :slight_smile: ) and it’s happened so many times that I can break down the things it does before it turns off into three categories.

1. the screen will flicker, green lines show up, and the sound gets loud and static-y
  2. there is a loud beep(s), screen goes black
  3. the A/V freezes for 3-5 sec

This is the worst! As my first HDTV purchase, I felt very happy to report no broken pixels and great condition on delivery. I never expected this issue! This is seriously terrible! If I am gaming and this thing stutters and turns itself off, it is of no use to me! I can’t hit pause on a multi-player game!!

This unit has to be defective…I need to call Sanyo tomorrow.

On a positive note, it is a great size and looks good…

edit: called Sanyo. with the tv on, if you press “volume down” and then press menu on your remote, it should give you the software version. Mine is 84, which is the latest version. so they were offering repairs, a 2 week turn around. :confused:

Pix1
Shows a standard definition 4:3 image
in its original format, and a 16:9 wide
image is slightly shrunk horizontally.

NOTE: Vertical bars are “attached” to the
sides of the screen.

Pix2
Fills the entire image on the screen.

NOTE: A standard definition 4:3 image is
stretched horizontally.

Pix3
Image is stretched vertically in comparisson
with Pix2.

NOTE: Shows a proportional Zoom for a 4:3
transmission.

Pix4
Image is stretched horizontally in comparisson
with Pix3.

NOTE: Shows a proportional Zoom for a
16:9 transmission.

Pix5
Similar to Pix2, image is enlarged horizontally
in a linear proportion in which
center portion of screen is stretched
less than the sides.

NOTE: Pix5 has almost no stretching effect
on a 16:9 transmission.

PIX SHAPE

NOTE: There are other possible aspect ratios that
may be transmitted besides 4:3 and 16:9.

Pix6 Similar to Pix1 with no Overscan*

Pix7 Similar to Pix2 with no Overscan*

• Overscan permits the image to slightly exceed bottom and top edge limitations.

NOTE: Pix6 and Pix7 displays are not optimal pix-shapes due to the possibility of transmitted image not filling the
top or bottom edge of screen.

Pix-Auto (AFD) Active Format Description. Data carried in the video stream includes coded picture
frame information of the actual image, allowing the TV to adjust the Pix-Shape automatically.

NOTE: This Pix-Shape mode is available only for Digital-RF input.