SANYO 39" 1080p LCD HDTV

Read some more Internet articles that do nor pertain to the real world.

Buy one of those Android mini PC for, like, 30-40 dollars and you get yourself a "Smart TV, that would be compatible with most “Google Play” apps! Search for “Android Mini PC” on woots owners (Amazon) or mon many of their competitors’ site. You may thank me later…

Feel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Let them know what you’ve done so far. A wooter username and order number help.

No TV is ever “perfect” for a gaming PC. The input lag is horrendous. Even the Sony 3D PS3 Display is terrible for pc gaming. I wouldn’t be surprised if a cheaper TV like this one has 35ms + input lag (advertised input lag is almost never true.) Just get her an actual computer monitor on the cheap, if she really NEEDS to output to a tv buy one separately for that. Also, DVI to hdmi adapters are not just 2 bucks…they’re typically 10 (still cheap.) Many older video cards also do not have the capabilities to do sound over dvi/HDMI unless set up properly, 60hz is considered slow for gaming, and even if your gpu can put out sound over dvi/hdmi a bad connector will generally not transfer it and many tvs do not support it. All in all just a bad idea.

That being said, for watching movies/etc 60hz is perfectly fine. As long as it has a quality video processor, I don’t mind watching a 60hz tv at all and I’m a videophile. Thinking you NEED 120hz+ is just marketing. A decent 60hz tv will always look better than a crappy 120hz.

I can’t attest to the quality of this Sanyo’s image, but I’m willing to bet it does beat out anything else in the 200$ price range. Definitely a good buy if you’re looking for a spare or a budget TV.

I want to use this TV on my patio. Can anyone tell me if the screen is matte or glossy?

I’m probably late in responding as I’ve seen others comment on this too but nobody has pointed out the obvious.

DVD’s in the USA output in 30 frames per second. NTSC standard is 30 but they actually use 29.97 to remove some color artifacts.

Bluray, film, and projection formats use 24 frames per second.

Older technology DVDs used interlaced video meaning each frame only showed half the image such as the even lines and then the next frame had the odd lines. Today, most DVD players are progressive meaning each frame has both the odd and even lines so when you refer to 30 frames a second, you are getting a full 30 frames.

If you buy a 60 hz TV, it is capable of showing you 60 different frames per second; however, the maximum you’re going to get is 30 frames per second from your DVD player. The TV will duplicate every frame to make up the 60 frames per second so you will not see any additional information than what is in the source.

Bluray movies at 24 frames per second will have some frames duplicated and others shown 3 times. This is not ideal but most people cannot tell that it’s not evenly distributed for all the source frames. Some videophiles claim this can cause the video to appear jerky.

This is where 120 Hz comes in. A DVD can have each frame duplicated exactly 4 times and Bluray can have each frame duplicated exactly 5 times. It’s evenly distributed for all video formats.

If you want a 3D TV, the higher refresh rates are desirable because you will have frames for the left eye and different frames for the right eye. A low refresh rate on 3D TVs can cause noticeable flicker.

Word of caution: this unit only has a coaxial digital audio output (that single orange RCA-style connector on the side). Most soundbars (like the Boston TVee and the Polk that Woot was selling recently) come with an optical digital input, and don’t have a coaxial one. I have this problem with a Philips TV I have - and using an analog connection isn’t a good alternative if you enjoy high-def programming.

Regarding that, I have a dumb question. Can I hook this TV up to my older Denon receiver using the RCA cables? On the picture I see two Video In, but it’s hard to tell if any of those go out.

If you go to Sanyo’s website, you can see all the lines in and out of the TV.

I only wanna watch TV through Dish. Old school as it may sound- is it good enough?

Yes, absolutely.

Did anyone else already get their TV?

I miss how Woot would show how many units sold. WOOT bring that back.

I did. Came broken. On phone with Sanyo/Panasonic who refuse to replace it…

No. Mine arrived broken. Sanyo/Panasonic refuses to replace.

Sanyo refused to help me at all with my broken TV. Just deal with Woot.

I got mine today. Works great; looks great. Very pleased.

I got mine yesterday on the 13th, it arrived with a partially broken speaker, the right one crackles whenever turned up above volume setting 13-15, which is way too quiet for soft dialogue.

No other problems. Minor but expected cosmetic damage on the remote.

Bought this tv for my bedroom and received mine yesterday…I was a little nervous after reading techwoot comments yesterday but so far so good. Picture looks good and sound works well so far.

Mine arrived today with a shattered screen. That hardly seems like a “contact the manufacturer” issue.