Sanyo 52” 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Sanyo 52" 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV
$799.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Sanyo DP52449 52" 120Hz Full HD 1080p LCD HDTV

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Product Website

Got one the last time woot offered… love it.

CUTE RODENTS!

At first glance I thought the one in the trench was about to get the fire hydrant treatment, now I just think it’s from a poor render.

$998 new at walmart.

[MOD: Was. It’s Not Available At This Time now.]

Review at youreviewelectronics

retrevo links

ZDnet

I’m guessing you mean last month:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4117402

Not so bad, $947 refurb, $1050 new Froogle!

for about 200 bucks more you can get a Sammy 1080p plasma that would blow this Sanyo out of the water. i would buy an Insingia over this Wally World budget brand tv. don’t waste your money, unless your just cheap,don’t get HD programing, or have no idea what blu-ray is.

According to CNN:

"On Black Friday, 32-inch LCD TVs will drop to an average price of between $249 and $299, with the best deals as low as $199, according to a prediction from research firm iSuppli. The 32-inch LCD TVs currently sell for $349 to $399, on average, with the cheapest model (Emerson’s LC320EMX) selling for $300. …

"Why is the supply chain so overstuffed? Because demand for flat-screen TVs has been sluggish this year, thanks in part to manufacturers’ decision to hold back on price chops. The average selling price for LCD TVs even increased in July, as larger TVs and those with Internet and 3-D capabilities were added to the mix.

“Prices finally starting to fall in August – after this summer’s World Cup proved to be a much smaller sales catalyst than TV makers had hoped. …”

Read the manual, hey?

You don’t realize how big a 52" TV is until you sit in front of one. Sitting about 8-10 feet away, the closeup shots of people on the TV appear to be real life-size images of them.

This price is a killer price for a 52" TV. About a year and half ago I bought a Sony 52" for over three times this price. And having the $5 shipping is also killer, as there is no way you could get any shipping company to carry it 100 ft for 5 bucks, much less from Woot central in Texas to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

If I had room for another large TV, I would have already hit the buy button by now.

I think he just brought home some BACON!

Got my 52" Sammy delivered and setup for free. That’s pretty much the deal you can find on most larger panel tv’s on Amazon.

Picked one of these up the last time they were on Woot. Here’s my quick review:

TV appears to be factory refurbished - i.e. looked brand new out of the box (other than the big labeleing saying “REFURBISHED” on the box). I’m always a little leary of getting something that is all scratched up or something but this was nice and shiny - even had the nice plastic you had to peel off on the bezel of the screen.

Picture quality is great. Black levels could be better but overall its very acceptable and not something I would really nit-pick over (especially at $800).

Sound is about normal for a TV of this size. Good enough for most TV watching but if you want really deep bass, you’ll need a home theater setup.

LOTS of inputs on this TV which is definitely nice (no cable card slot though…)

The provided remote is nice (and backlit) and I’ve actually started using it as my universal remote instead of the one I already had. No batteries provided though…shenanigans…

Overall - if you’re looking for a very big screen at a very small price, I’d say go for it. Don’t expect uber-crazy picture quality and really black blacks but for most applications, this will do quite well indeed.

I read the description and I may have missed it, but does this model have the gloss or flat look on the screen?

Only con I really think is the color richness on with Sanyo sets is not the greatest

Flat-ish.

Its’ not like one of those smooth-glass across the front screens if that’s what you’re asking.