Sanyo Xacti 1080p Full-HD Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Sanyo Xacti 1080p Full-HD Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom
$119.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Sanyo VPC-PD2BK 1080p HD Digital Camcorder w/10MP Digital Photos and 3x Optical Zoom

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Product Website

Amazon has on 2 star review.
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-PD2BK-Pocket-Digital-Optical/

If I had some extra cash this month, I would probably buy this and play around with it. Still looking for a decent 1080p camcorder.

this doesnt look like it has a good place to hold it.
anyone have one that can comment?

Video: Approx. 8.3 megapixels (in Full HD/HD mode), Approx. 10.0 megapixels (in SD)

Okay… so it records more pixels in SD? :-/

Here is a ZDnet review.

Is this a Woot product launch, along with other locations?

I say this because isn’t this a brand new model?

The main feature of this is that it is also supposed to be a great still camera.

This rating is based on one review, one person’s opinion.

I wonder why the optical zoom doesn’t work in video mode. Sure, it’d get the shakes something awful, but I’d like to at least have the option.

I duct tape it my forehead. Looks silly but works good.

New models of the xacti were just announced today:

EDIT: I stand corrected, this is a new model woot is selling, kudos woot.

My issue is that I want to know how this compares to a flipcam, because its already more expensive…

According to that review it has an easy opening “buttery compartment”. Maybe for topping your popcorn when viewing the movies you recorded?

Nom nom nom.

Where do you see that it doesn’t?

And before you ask, yes it’s Mac compatible

Look here under specs

He did do a side-by-side with the Kodak. More real-world info than most people here have to offer.

i just recently bought a flip minoHD. i have to say a 3x optical zoom would’ve been awesome. especially since this DOES have the image stabilizing, which flip also does not have. i’ve already learned that with these type of camcorders the image stabilizing is a must have. i’d rather give a little on the image quality to get the stabilizing. but both would be nice too. i shoulda looked into them more before i pulled the trigger on that minoHD i probably would’ve picked up something more like this.

You sure about that? Both Engadget AND ZDNet announced this exact model last month, to debut this month.

And this is NEW on Woot, not a refurb, and Woot is limiting each member to ONE at this price.

So I don’t think this is an old model.