Sanyo Xacti 1080p Full-HD Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom

Product Website

Review at PCWorld

reviewbloger

If I had a nickel for every time I gave my heart away…I’d be dead long before I could cash in for said nickel!

YouTube review

test footage

Got one of these last time it was on woot. I’m pleased with it so far, though I haven’t done more than film my cat :slight_smile:

last woot same price0

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4157392

Some concert footage shot with the Sanyo -

Phish - Meat Stick

Squirming Coil piano solo > Antelope

Amazon

froogled

When I got this from the last Woot I made and posted a YouTube video in 720p mode.

It is mounted on my car as an “accident cam.”

So this shows you how it does when bouncing around San Francisco pot-hole riddled streets.

Also this is California street with cable cars and all. Far more interesting than other test videos. LOL.

Make sure when on the YouTube page to click 720p HD.

That’s a very cool video. My computer can’t handle 720, but it looked good at 480 and full screen.

Very lifelike. I felt like I was sitting right there.

Alright, I could not resist the temptation. In for one. Hope the image stabilization will be sufficient enough to compensate for my shaky hands.

It did well mounted to the dash of that mini cooper. The San Francisco roads are the worse of the worse for shaking.

I watched it full screen at 720p and it looked great. It felt like I was sitting in the car with you. If I hadn’t bought the hard drive from yesterday, I would snag me one of these. Also, I want a Mini Cooper.

Thanks for the sample, surprisingly good quality.

How long can the camera record on, say, a 16 GB SDHC card? Is a Class 6 card needed?

Tri-pod available?

Wait, that was WITH image stabilization?

in menu choices are 720p or 1080i, not 1080p

Don’t you then have to worry then about wiretapping laws with that? Turning off the mic may be safer if you were to get pulled over or in an accident.

http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/california-recording-law