Sanyo Xacti 1080p Full-HD Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom

http://www.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
I’ll take wooters.us for $1000, Alex.

Sanyo Xacti 1080p Full-HD Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom [New] - $119.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * Sanyo VPC-PD2BK 1080p HD Digital Camcorder w/10MP Digital Photos and 3x Optical Zoom

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Sanyo Xacti 1080p Full-HD Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom
$119.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Sanyo VPC-PD2BK 1080p HD Digital Camcorder w/10MP Digital Photos and 3x Optical Zoom

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

3rd!!! :wink:

Previous Woot

Product Website

Some reviews:

pcworld

photographyblog

reviewbloger (this one is clearly translated, but it has the most info)

waiting for the wootoff usblights again to program to flash everytime a wootoff occurs

Can a few folks who got this last time chime in and let us know how good of a product it is?

Please,
Thanks,
HaeSuse.

Missed the first woot for this, bought it from deals.woot a couple days ago. I’m excited to receive this nifty camcorder.

Bought this last time around. Plastic parts are a little weak. It is easy to open the usb and memory doors accidentally but it takes nice video. Easy to use. Well worth it!

I nearly fell off my chair when I read “Laughghan Warlords”. Bravo!!!

Really? Again? I bought one of these the first time around and its a good deal for the features and performance you get. I can’t believe they haven’t sold them all.

i thought woot off prices would/should be a bit cheaper than last time offered price.

I bought this the last time around. Aside from the loose door on the side, it’s great. Not good for low light but inside or during the day it’s impressive in 1080p. Very smooth video and crisp stereo. The digital stabilization tends to blur the video but the video isn’t too shaky with it turned off.

The zoom motor is loud if you adjust it while recording. Extra batteries are very inexpensive as Sanyo has used the same battery pack for quite a few cameras.

Bought one here a month ago, sweet. Works great.Found no flaws. Has not failed. Stereo/HiDef (1080p,I am using a low class SD, quality pics and vids) Newest model. $50 cheaper than Amazon.

I am buying another.

How do you hold it for video? “Vertical” like in the pic? I would like that so as shoot video for stability (?)

regret buying this on woot -

plus side? sound is quite good.
down side?
pic quality is terrible in anything other than full daylight.
video is choppy unless you have a very steady hand.
the battery compartment cover constantly detaches because of a bad design.

Woot-offs to me are just multiple items throughout the event. Not extra special deals.

I get some items here are $100 where they are $120 somewhere else but some stuff has been $100 where its $200 somewhere else.

Personally I couldn’t ask for better deals so much during a woot-off, if anything i’d ask for more variety during. Always see 60 sets of headsets and mice. Personally I love the randomly rare items that you don’t even see in stores in most places.

Uncommon rarities on Woot make me happy in pants.

p.s I got my bag of crap for the first time ever earlier, seen 10+ in my times but never been able to buy one until today. I’m so happy :smiley:

2 were sold in past 30 days for $89 used on Ebay. Asking $159 for new but not selling

I wonder how this compares to the Flip Video. If I were to make an educated take on this, your best bet is to not expect so much from a pocket camcorder.

If you want superb video quality, get a real camcorder instead. :smiley:

This is probably good for shots on the go–in impromptu moments. For example, you crashed into a Jaguar belonging to some elderly lady. She gets out of her car and yells at you. She goes back to her car and brings back her purse and whack you with it. “You S.O.B.! How dare you hit my nice ride? You must be blind! I will hit the lights out of you!”

Yeah, if you can get that on video. You can use it as part of your lawsuit to file assault charges against her. Haha! :smiley:

I bought this the last time it was on the Woot Off and I have been very happy with it. It is very convenient to go between movie and picture. It does not have a lot of picture settings, but still takes good pictures. The pictures seem to be better outside than in, but having the flash is a real bonus for pics. The movies are very good. The battery life is great. The downloading to my PC is very easy. Have not tried to play the movies on a HD TV as I do not have one. All in all, we bought it as a second camera for more portability than our more expensive camera and it has not let us down! Get in for three!!