Sanyo Xacti 1080p Full-HD Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom

Any one got the goods, bads, and uglies on this?

This has a very high rating and the normal price is 120 dollars

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Sanyo Xacti 1080p Full-HD Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom
$79.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

looks like about 40 of these things. You should buy 3.

looks like about 40 of these things. You should buy 3.

Got mine from Moofi, same price. Love the sound, good picture quality. I only wish I could get more time out of the battery or plug it in the wall.

I wooted one of these a while back.

it takes great quality video, battery life is not the best, it cannot charge while recording, the camera has a learning curve to it but can take great shots.

all in all as a little camera to record shows it has served very well.

PC World gives it a 3.5/5.

Several other places mention that it’s a combination video and 10MP still camera, so it’s probably not as good as a dedicated beast.

Test footage available here.

Awww, Woot, what happened to all the cases you used to sell as part of this deal?!?! Did you give them all away in the BOC offerings over the last few months???

Anyway, I bought this thing way back when Woot first offered it up. My prior reviews/question answers can be found in the prior woot here

edit: fixed my poor use of the proper way to hyperlink

…make up another account and buy 6!

I have one of these I bought from Woot. I have it on a belt holster and it takes great pictures and video.

Somebody buy 3 so we can woot on…

it is on the bottom line of the Consumer Reports (score: 42 on the range of 42-59)

any chance for a second bag of crap?

These are fairly nice from what I’ve seen (I’ve edited some video for a friend who shoots with one). However this has no option for an external mic so if that’s important to you then you might want to skip this one. It isn’t great in low light but nothing really is in this price range and you can always light something yourself. For basic video it’s fine.