Sanyo Xacti High Definition SDHC Camcorder with 30X Optical Zoom and Bonus Pack

Wondering if it’s possible to use an external mike or are you stuck with the built-in?

What is the battery life on this beast with full-time filming of a basketball game? Some others i’ve owned have peaced out after only 45 mintues…

the ACTUAL product website

The lack of reviews is worrisome, and the ones I did find are not good.

i have a sanyo xacti c6. love it, compact and great quality. might have to upgrade to this now though!

Am I the only one who thinks this is pink? It seems like pink items on Woot are always described as something other than pink.

Wow, compared to the size of the camcorder the LCD is GIANT. lol. I remember my old camcorders with their little 2 inch screens…

It’s kind of like a secret laboratory but misspelled to make it more scret. (thanks for catching the typo)

Manual: http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/products/vpc_zh1/tips/index.html

And I wasn’t able to find the actual product webpage… it’s not under their current or past dual-camera series. Strange.

Amazon sells good SDHC cards for pretty cheap. I got an 8gb patriot one for $20.

No, it’s not FireWire compatible.

Dude, there’s a list of I/O ports on the main page. Why are you asking this question.

Darn, if I didn’t have one of those gun hold style Xactis, I’d be all over this. Mine doesn’t have the stereo speakers and mic, which is something I’d really have liked.

Well, it records in h.264 which is natively supported by Apple and Quicktime, but iMovie prefers to edit in other formats. You also won’t be able to capture clips from the camera like a normal DV camcorder.

It WILL work with iMovie, but the workflow will be strange. You’ll need to first copy the saved .mp4 files from the SD card (either over the camera’s built in USB or with an SD card reader, which cost around $10) to your hard drive. After that, use a free conversion too like Handbrake to convert it to DV, and then edit those files in iMovie. This procedure is identical to what you’d need to do with, say, a Flip MinoHD.

If I ever have a clone, I’m naming him Clonathon! Unless he can do all that stuff in the description, then I’ll just call him something clever like Super-boy.

180 on amazon with same accessories

if only it had IR capabilities…

At the very least you could say- “yeah, I have a “red” HD camera!”

From the specs on the front page:
Battery Life (In use) stills: approx 470 images, video: up to 3 hrs and 20 mins

That’s per battery so with the two batteries included that’s almost 1000 still images and well over 6 hours of HD video recording

I want to make a documentary. Does this record DVD quality video?

Hm… item description doesn’t mention manual focus, and none of the pictures seem to show any buttons for it… I’d say the camera doesn’t even have that option.