Sarcastic Resolution

One could have a lot of fun wearing this.

I would totally wear this without rolling my eyes.

Wow, thanks for voting everybody! And for once I’m actually not being sarcastic!

So is it wrong that I took the “Thanks for your order” email from Woot sarcastically?

I don’t get it

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Me, all me.

-Ironic, sarcastic, cynic since 1/20/89

Bwahahaha, fantastic!

Sarcasm is the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.[1] “The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections”.[2] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[3]
The word comes from the Greek σαρκασμός (sarkasmos) which is taken from σαρκάζειν meaning “to tear flesh, bite the lip in rage, sneer”.[4]

It is first recorded in English in 1579, in an annotation to The Shepheardes Calender by Edmund Spenser:

Tom piper, an ironicall Sarcasmus, spoken in derision of these rude wits, whych …[5]

However, the word sarcastic, meaning “Characterized by or involving sarcasm; given to the use of sarcasm; bitterly cutting or caustic”, doesn’t appear until 1695.[4

I would totally wear this shirt if I didn’t think someone might call me out on it.

I think…

Sarcasm is more biting and cutting towards a something where irony is more witty and funny (as in…this shirt).

Very cute though.