Satellite Radio

I have XM in my truck which is very convenient except for the loss of signal around certain tall trees or under bridges.

I also bought the Polk Audio XM home reference tuner, which I really like a lot.
http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/xmradio/xrt12 Ouch! just noticed there’s now a $50 rebate on it (no service required) which I didn’t get.

It definately sounds a ton better than the portable products, but still it isn’t as good as CD quality. The convenience is nice and I love it for football. On Saturdays, I can leave it on even if not listening to it because the channel display lists the teams and current score so I can flip channels to keep updated on any current games I’m interested in. I also love the main XM comedy channel since so far I don’t hear too many repeated segments. It’s very relaxing to listen to good comedy during work commutes, too.

What I don’t like is that the quality on many statsions seems subpar. On XM, the Top 20 real time countdown is very high quality. But other channels don’t sound nearly as good.

I can’t compare with Sirius since I haven’t used it. My truck came with XM so I had no real option. I pay more for having two receivers (even though I live alone so I could never be effectively listening to both at once), but there is a family plan that has a reduced price for additional receivers so I’m not paying double.

Yeah, the XM SkiFi is cool, but you knew that Sirius would have a response to it.

all hail the Sirius S50.

http://www.sirius.com/gs/s50/index_product.html

upload mp3s, record up to 50 hours of music, one touch record favorite songs, COLOR SCREEN, portable, Li Ion battery, dead sexy, comes with headphones.

Good thing I didn’t buy a new player yet, this thing is fo sheezzy!

oh, yeah, it’s about the same price as the MyFi when it was released, but you know there’ll be subscription discounts.

It’ll be on my get it list. I love Sirius, great music (LoC) and great DJs. Even when you get rid of radio ads, good DJs are important. Sirius has some great ones (Madison, Ghosty, The Minister).

Sirius lives on.

Thread-jack ahead!

Well, here’s one to make you homesick, I live inTempe, and work in Mesa.

I’ll now return you to your original thread. :smiley:

steve

BOL! Pleased to meet ya!

Guess hijackin’ don’t matter. Nobgobblin got her satellite radio info and made her purchase . . . now this thread can go anywhere; most likely to the bottom of the list!![:D]

I enjoy reading the comments! And someone mentioned football scores… I hope XM has baseball! And btw hubby love’s it!

We enjoy makin’ 'em!!

Do you write the fortunes in the fortune cookies too?

No but I do generate random streams of numbers for lotteries . .

How lucky is the dude who’s wife chooses “nobgobblin69” as a screen name?

If not lucky . . . satisfied?

That too!

Indeed!

hmmmmmmm (not hummmmm)

Hmmmmmm? (not , Hmmmmmm!)

A little to the left…

I…I… I can’t write anything! I’ve deleted every word!

Winners never quit and quitters never win, Jose.

hey, if not me, then them will delete the words.

I’m tellin’ you, I wrote some more, and just had to delete them again.

its that annoying ‘always be a gentleman’ rule from college.

Pfffffffft…spitting out some Diet Coke…

Yeah, right, “sticky fingers!”

Well, this thread is on the verge of going waaaay south in a hurry!!!