Saturday Mornings Rocked!

Saturday Mornings Rocked!

hmmm, I don’t recall the song mentioning how a bill becomes a tv guide.

This shirt is absolutely adorable. Nicely done, @kg07.

1 Like

YES, they really did!!! This is a fun shirt/poster/pouch/cinch sack.

Now for my silly question: Can someone identify all the characters?

1 Like

Sorry to be the Karen here, but wrong verbiage. Should be Saturday Mornings Rock! or Saturday Morning Rocks! since saturday mornings are still awesome, no matter what is presently on TV. Also, it’s not immediately evident if the last word is ROCKER or ROCKED without studious attention to the preceeding letters.

Better luck next time!

Thanks for the feedback. The wording is to convey that back before On Demand and 200 channels- in the 1970s- Saturday mornings were the only time we could watch cartoons. Saturday Mornings Rocked! Now, for kids, there is nothing special about them- they can watch shows whenever they want.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Nope. Sorry. kg07 nailed it here. Saturday mornings, back in the day, were the only time you could watch Superfriends on TV. It was the only access to action-packed superhero animation I had as a kid. So mashing up that idea with the old Schoolhouse Rock from the same time period is perfect. It WAS a Superhero themed derby, after all. :slight_smile:

I mean… if your Saturday mornings rock, @namzaps that’s awesome, but you gotta take all the aspects of the design into consideration before you criticize :smiley:

Way to go kg07! Congrats on the print!

4 Likes

Yep. Exactly what I was thinking. Get out of my head stranger!

Great shirt. They did rock.

3 Likes

Top row, left to right: Hawkman, Aquaman, Robin (with long hair), Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman.
Left trio: Wonder Dog, Marvin, and Wendy
Bottom trio: Gleek (the monkey) and the Wonder Twins, Zan and Jayna.
Pair on the right: TV Guide (as a bill), and The Flash.

3 Likes

DON’T WISH HIM BETTER LUCK! HE WINS THE DERBY ALL THE TIME!

2 Likes

Hey! That is not true. I want all the luck I can get!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’d say you have plenty of luck with a new design practically guaranteed weekly and dominating the Top 20 with 1/4 of the slots LOL

Well deserved, but still. You need no more luck, good sir :wink: Save some for the rest of us LOL

1 Like