Saving on boxes. Shame.

Saving on boxes. Shame.
Is the desire to save 25 cents on a box really strong?
Order Number:

To be honest, I don’t understand how a product in soft packaging can be sent in an envelope. Obviously, such a product requires rigid packaging such as a corrugated cardboard box
The watch was ordered as a gift for children, but it looks like garbage from a garbage dump

[Vmod edit: removed order number & blurred address.]

3 Likes

Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

That was fulfilled by Amazon and they’re moving to using the padded envelops for many things - including ceramic mugs!

Unfortunately, we don’t have any say in the packaging they use. It’s at their discretion.

Sorry.

2 Likes

What about my rights to receive the paid goods in complete and undamaged condition?
Why does the company think that it can solve this issue by simply returning the goods? Do you really think I have an endless amount of time for exchanges and trips to the post office in the hope of getting what I want in an unbroken state?
The product is usually needed in a certain period of time, and you are greatly exposing the buyer.

2 Likes

Of course there are rights, but if these were fulfilled by an Amazon warehouse, Woot doesn’t have a say in the packaging method.

And returns are usually through UPS. Woot can schedule a free pickup for that.

(Even if it was USPS, you can schedule a free pickup for that.)

Again, these were Amazon fulfilled. I tried to get a package change when they were shipping ceramic mugs with no protective box in poly bags. They responded to me saying that there was no data to support that breakage would be less in a box. That’s what we’re up against. Their warehouse; their choice for packaging.

Why do you think that the end buyer is interested in your relationship with third parties? The product is ordered on your website, so questions like who collects it for you, what shipping rules they have, what warehouse it is coming from - these are all your problems. Apart from the fact that I paid and I want to receive my goods in excellent condition, I don’t want to know anything.

1 Like

Oki doki. Unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do to make you happy in this regard. Please reach out to customer service as noted above.

Imagine the opposite situation, I received the goods from you. And for payment I sent you to Ohio, to my uncle, who has already forgotten about me, always drunk, has no money, and died two years ago. How do you like this?

This inventory is obtained from Amazon and shipped by Amazon. There’s nothing I can do. I don’t like it any more than you but it’s out of my hands.

I’ve had to deal with those folks claiming to be admins or managers there at Amazon. They have such blind faith in the system that they are unwilling to use common sense and think for themselves.

2 Likes

The phrase I’ve heard was “embrace the suck”. And “good training” involves some quantity of pain. Woot! has attempted to set expectations, but sometimes people don’t BELIEVE “how low can it go!?”. Learn or give up, your choice…

I just got the two ends of the spectrum in one delivery from Amazon. I ordered a couple of Blu-Ray’s and a couple 4K Ultra’s and they came in a box with a piece of paper padding; not a bag, shocking! Then I opened a larger box that they put several orders into. Two 30 packs of cat food and two temptations treats were in the same box with no padding or anything. The treats containers were destroyed and treats are all over the box. I asked the associate to escalate it and she did, so maybe something will happen. I can’t see how having to deal with refunds, returns and upset customers is cheaper than just packing up the items correctly with just a modicum of care.

1 Like

Amazon once shipping brake rotors and a glass lamp fixture in the same box. Needless to say, the lamp didn’t survive.

Also I had to rant to CS --" so you want me to repack a crushed box full of broken glass and send it back to Amazon to process?!?"

3 Likes

That’s weird that they wanted you to return it. They could obviously look up the order and see that the two things were shipped together. I could see if they wanted a picture for proof and to show the packing manager but to want it back is crazy. I’ve only ever had to return one thing and that was a 3DS game that was a replacement for the wrong one they sent; they sent the same wrong game twice. I got Super Mario Maker 3DS for free at least.

1 Like

They insisted I return some memory sticks that were like ran over by a forklift or something too. All $6 something worth.

They comped some courtesy credit, but still. It was a waste of everyone’s time.

1 Like

Apparently in Amazonland, Time is not Money.

Did you get a free return and pickup? Or did you get the old, here’s a label for you to print out and you need to provide packaging (since you can’t use what they sent it in) and hopefully there is a UPS store somewhere near you so you can waste your time driving and waiting in line?

The latter. :pouting_cat: I do have plenty of packaging and a UPS store along the way to/from work, so at least that wasn’t “out of the way”.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.