Saxon Brown 2004 Syrah Two-Pack

WineZap search: http://winezap.com/search/browse.cfm?searchtext=saxon%20brown%20syrah Guess their search engine isn’t that good. …the “Normal” Parmalee is $24. Cheapest for the Camp Block designation is $28.

Living on the east coast, I’d much rather prefer the current shipping protocol during the summer than either paying $40+ for expedited shipping or paying $15 for the Big Brown Oven to bake my wine for 10 days for ground transit.

Overall they seem to do a pretty decent job offering a mix of selections. Don’t forget they’ve had the cheap Sake, cheap Hahn, and cheap C&T recently. My personal ‘sweet spot’ is around $15/bottle for woot wines. I’ve gone for more expensive ones and been thrilled and I’ve got with cheaper ones and been disappointed… until I remember how cheap they were and when QPR is factored in, they’re ahead of their peers.

Anywho, it’s late, I’m not Colin Quinn, but that IS my story and I’m sticking to it.

… okay… point well taken… Ill shut my piehole until my Hahn arrives :smiley:

It’s all good REDLINEVUE. i hope you like the Hahn. Next week may be more up your alley. (what a clue this early?..)

WD

Can someone tell me what malolactic fermentation is, if it is common for wine making and why it is so special?

My guesses -

Wikipedia can.

use wine-searcher for your daily wine searching needs instead of winezap. Much more reputable sellers at a cheaper cost. Also if you tend to buy alot of wine alone, it wouldn’t hurt to pay their 30$ fee to see all the stores

It’s just that woot’s rep is built on great writing. Weren’t the founders English majors or something? I think I recall reading that somewhere, but maybe it was tongue-in-cheek. Regardless, one expects clever and beautiful language here as much as one expects screaming monkeys and people who say First page repeatedly. It’s like when you read Shakespeare. After a few of his works, you stop going, “Wow; this is insanely amazing,” and instead just expect the superior level of craftsmanship. <Please now let’s not get into a big debate as to whether Shakespeare’s works were really, in fact, written by Shakespeare. It’s important to my overall well-being that I say something that does not start a controversy.> It was a very, very good blog, though. I laughed. I cried. It moved me. And it had a good beat. You could dance to it. :wink: No really, WineFarm - I love reading the blogs, and too often find them very persuasive as well. Tonight’s was exceptional. My genuine compliments to the authors.

It was an amazing deal. I was really really sad I couldn’t afford last week’s woot. With any luck my boyfriend decided to be a sweetheart and secretly started a small cellar… If I’d had the money I’d have been in for 3.

Here I am trying not to ship to CT for now and you go and pull out the Saxon Brown? Not fair. Uneven playing field.

No no no no!!! I really wanted this one, but NH is off the list this week. Dangit.

Is there a separate “Camp Block” designation, or are all “Parmalee Hills” also “Camp Blocks”? The version that’s listed at Wine Library doesn’t say “Camp Block”, but the label looks identical.

Why is it every time I’m waiting for a largeish check which would allow me to buy the latest/greatest Wine Woot the check is lost in the mail?

If the check arrives before the sell-out, I’d be in for 3, but…

(NB: when the check has arrived, Wine Woot has moved on to a boring white. Always works that way…)

wtg Nallie. Under 8 secs. Impressive.

And, kevo152, great guess, though I was hoping for a little sparkle in the offering this week. I’ll have to be talked into this one.

I believe I’ll have to jump on this week’s offering. The SB zin was fabulous (not that the two wines can be compared), but hopefully all of his wines are great, so this should be a no brainer.

What otolith said.

No mas. I mean, no Mass. either. Another deal slips away…

Good Morning,
I’m quickly checking in to see how one of my babies is doing on woot. David who also lives in Sonoma has been quite persistent about hitting me up for another Saxon Brown wines for woot, including at the grocery store. David / Woot got the last cases of this wine. Anyway I’m heading out to sample vineyards, I will check in late for any questions.
Cheers
Jeff Gaffner
jeff@saxonbrown.com
saxonbrown.com

mmmmmm… Have to get to the bank to deposit the checks sitting on my desk so I can jump on this one.

How about some advice on the drinking window for these? I still have two sets of the SB Zin sitting in my cellar (well, aging in my half of my uncle’s cellar anyhow) waiting for thanksgiving '08. The SB ZInfandel is still the best woot purchase I’ve made to date.

Anyone on the fence, let me say this: Jeff is a spectacular wine-maker. I’m a member of only 2 wine clubs in this world, and Saxon-Brown is one of them. This really is the best producer that wine.woot offers. Although it’s a little more expensive than most wines offered here, Saxon Brown is a fantastic QvP offering, and a very high quality product.

Now that I’ve kissed up a little, here’s the big question: Hey Jeff, how about a little Black Kite allocation for your friends at woot. Ha!