Schug Estate Three-Pack

Schug Estate Three-Pack
$59.99 + $5 shipping
condition: All Schug Up
product(s):
1 Schug 2006 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
1 Schug 2006 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
1 Schug 2003 Heritage Reserve Merlot

CT links are above; (best guess on the Pinot Noir).

Love the "condition,’ but makes me concerned about bottle-shock. :wink:

…and nice guess iByron.

I wonder what the tannins are like on the merlot. Is this a soft, fruit-forward merlot, a cab-wannabe merlot, or an old world merlot?

WooHoo!!! I DID IT!!!

I GET MY WEEK OF FAME TO START THE NEW YEAR!!!

First sucker: HitAnyKey42
Speed to first woot: 0m 6.673s

Last wooter to woot: HitAnyKey42

And I even got in for two.

Ooh! A Burgundian three-pack!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Schug Carneros Estate.

Happy New Year! Prosit Neujahr!

iByron

I wish Pennsylvania wasn’t so tight wads as to not allow me to get this.

are those 750 ml or 1.5 l bottles?

The write-up should answer your question. Generally speaking, everything will be 750ml unless explicitly noted otherwise.

c’mon, 750 ml from the description

750ml

how good of a deal is this? is it worth getting?

As soon as I saw the Reserve Merlot I knew I was in for 2. Now if only I get to be a La Brat for that Merlot…my year would be set!!

Way to go, shug!

Last wooter to woot: deaconbluez

Thought I’d give in early while I have the willpower to only woot one, before the winemaker jumps in and talks me into 2 or 3. Gotta break the Wine Church commandments this week; personal property taxes are due today.

Good first question for the winemaker, Lowell. Meanwhile, I pulled this from their fact sheet:

“Our Heritage Reserve Merlot is blended in the Bordeaux tradition using Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon for maximum complexity. The Merlot is sourced from the cool Carneros region, where the extremely long growing season allows this varietal to ripen slowly, developing maximum varietal character and depth of flavor while retaining bright acidity. It has a spicy bouquet of lavender and mint, rich deep color and full-bodied flavors of cherry, cassis and chocolate. Try it now with lamb, duck and rich cheeses, or age it for 5 to 7 years.”

All four of my wine clubs had shipments this month, but I’ll probably be in. The winemaker’s input will determine whether it’s for one or two.

iByron

Schug-a-lugged… In 4 3. Maybe I’ll be ratted out?

First sucker: HitAnyKey42
Speed to first woot: 0m 6.673s

Last wooter to woot: BobboinAVL

So if I’m looking at this correctly, we’re basically getting their wine club price without having to join their club? Sounds like a pretty decent deal. Definitely thinking about this one.

LABRAT IS ON !

WooHoot!!! I thought it would be out again this week

Well from the winery they are:
2006 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay - $22
2006 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir - $22
2003 Heritage Reserve Merlot - $35
(plus at least $15 shipping) = ~$94

Here all three is $65 including shipping.