Schwinn 120 Upright Exercise Bike

so this is the older model with the better screen but no speakers or fan right?

Is there a compatible tablet or book holder for this model? I would watch stuff on my iPad while riding.

Assembly is easier than putting a regular bicycle together out of the box. I needed help just once but could have done it without the help.Really there is only about 5 parts to put together on the main unit. Hope this helps

I have the 2009 model which has issues with the tension adjustment. The mechanisim falls off the set and error E3 displays causing the program workout to stop. It’s impossible to open the casing completely and when you finally squeeze your arm in to fix it the thing comes off again. The newer model has a tension knob which seems to have solved the issue. My 2009 model is going in the trash after i pull out intersting parts for other projects.

The front crossbar has two wheels on it. You’ll lift the back end up about 45 degrees and away you’ll roll. (Don’t attempt wheelies while actually riding the bike… trust me)
I assembled it first and then carried it downstairs; I don’t recommend that. But once you’re on the right floor it moves around easily enough.
Also, the above pics of the display shows the version with large screen, no fan, no speakers. I recieved the version with small screen, fan, and speakers. I don’t know which is 2009 or 2012. But the bike itself works great.

It does. Many thanks!

No speakers on 2009 model except for the one under the display for the beeps, 6 buttons on a mono display. The plug is about 6’ and plugs near the floor about 1 ft up. I believe the newer model has a lighter colored plastic. And yes the seat stinks but easy to fix with a gel cover. Other than the tension issue it’s pretty nice.

ok, last post for this…After closer inspection on my pc and not my phone, this is definitely the 2009 model and not the 2012. This is the display of the 2012. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81p%2BmgvCkPL._SL1500_.jpg
As for which to buy, up to you. It does have a warranty, the one I have was left in the house I bought. (the guy died so it wasn’t left broke, it broke on me and after researching the problem it seemed to be common. If I had the warranty it would be fine…)

Happy Woot’in

Check out the Surf Shelf from Randem Joe - think it might work…

Amazon shows them both so you can see the difference.

I bought it the last time they had it for my parents. I stayed with woot because the images from the last one showed the 2009 model while amazon was selling the 2012 model for the same price (I have a prime account). Sad to say, when it arrived, it was the 2012 model with the hard to read display. Not really a big deal for my parents, but don’t be surprised if you get the 2012 model despite the images showing the display screen as the 2009 model. If the easy to read screen is a must then buyer beware.

So I just got mine…it’s the one with the hard-to-read display with the pointless fan on it.

Same here. What can ya do, y’know. I did hear the hardware was a bit more reliable on the new model, so it’s no all bad.

Mine was damaged and returned before it reached my house? Has this happened to anyone, what does WOOT do in these cases? I have been waiting so patiently for my bike!

hah, I just figured out why it asks me to pedal backwards!!! Thanks!!!..
and use my arms!!

I’ll fix that today, thanks!

Mine got here last Monday, but did have a damaged part in the box - I contacted Schwinn, and they are sending me a replacement part (it’s the front stabilizer), so I’m still waiting to assemble.

It looks like it might be fine to use, but I figured I’d rather not chance it - customer service with them was great though.

I had the exact same problem. Schwinn quoted me 5-7 days to get the part. I just contacted them (it’s been 17 days, so I wanted to see what was up) and they told me to expect the part to arrive in mid-to-late April. This is a reoccurring theme with my Woots and, while I know it’s not Woot’s fault, it’s getting reeeeaaallly frustrating.