Schwinn & Mongoose Bikes

Good data TT but the vender never gave you data on each individual bicycle size!!!

NO: S. M. L. XL. XX. or 49 - 61cm…

The vender only gave you bicycle wheel size??? Why doesnt Woot get this as it is the same over and over again?

Now that Woot has a decent bicycle size chart START DEMANDING BICYCLE SIZE DATA!!!

Some great advice… better is to visit your local bike shop. If you are in a large city you should have an incredible choice possibly including some non-profits selling slightly used and well repaired and people who know a lot about bicycles with your money going to a good cause.

In small cities it is going to a smaller mom and pop shop selling new/more expensive bikes made right with a good warranty and great after care… which might have some second hand bikes or exchanges at great prices!

I have never been a fan of front baskets or racks and rather go for quality back packs like something from Timbuck2. The one I have rolls small but when full is enormous. It is made to carry heavy items and feel like a feather on your shoulders. A few miles on a fast, skinny tire road bike with a watermelon and other groceries *probably 50lbs… had no impact on my back or how the bicycle road.

So… How do I order a “Large?”

Can someone run over to the warehouse and check on the available sizes. These might actually sell if we could fit them to our needs.

Not to come off as a jerk or anything, but to offer the other side of that statement… The bikes listed here with dual/full suspensions are “mountain bikes” meant for “thrashing [around] trees and rocks.” I’m a 27 year old avid outdoorsmen and trust me, if you’re going to venture outside of the <5% of the US that’s urban land to hit some trails, you don’t want a hardtail bike. Yes, you’re going to add some weight to your bike, but it’s going to save your… rear (literally) as well as add a great deal more stability/control to your ride.

If you all are worried about the size of your bike, you shouldnt be buying one of these. Even if the bike was the correct size something else will be unconfortable/lacking/broken quickly.

These bikes are for people who dont care for their bikes, people (kids) who dont care what the ride feels like, or people who gain more comfort knowing they own a bike than actually riding one.

I got the Pacific Shorewood and for 120 bucks, it is surprisingly well made. Sure it’s not fantastic, but the wheels were round and straight, and all the gears worked with a little adjustment. Plus it’s pretty sexy.

Who would complain about weight (even on crappy bikes like these) then suggest a basket and a gel seat? If you’re worried about a sore tushy, you aren’t really going to ride it anyway. And if you are thinking about putting a basket on a bicycle you should probably just stick to carrying your bottled water home from Whole Foods.