Schwinn Recumbent or Upright Bike

Product Page and reviews for the 225

Check out these comments from when the 125 was sold back in June

Lot’s of comments from when these were both offered in July

I don’t have this exact model, but I’m not happy with my Schwinn exercise bike. I have a 240, recumbent.

It worked fine for a few days, got about 30 miles out of it. Then the motor that adjusts the magnet that controls how hard it is to pedal stopped working, so I contacted Schwinn. They said it was probably the control panel, so they sent me a new one, as well as a new cable for the mast.

So I installed the new one. Still nothing. Then I contacted them again, they sent me a new motor and magnet setup. But it was the wrong one. I haven’t been able to get in touch with them since, they’ve stopped responding to my emails, I COULD sit on hold again for an hour and a half but what a pain in the ass.

So here I am out $300 and with half a wall in my living room taken up.

Originally they offered to have a tech sent out to look at it if I wasn’t comfortable installing the new parts myself. I should have taken them up on it.

Darn! I just bought a coat rack yesterday!

I bought the recumbent model a few weeks ago (from woot). It took about a half hour to put together. It is quite sturdy and I find it comfortable and functional.

The manual that comes with the bike is incomplete. It only gives basic operation instructions. If you download the same manual from the Schwinn web site, it has several pages of instructions that are helpful.

Here is a link to all of the manuals:
http://www.schwinnfitness.com/schwinn_fitness_us/customersupport/manualsen.jsp

Hint: The box is over 100 pounds. Don’t try to haul it up and down stairs. Open the box. All of the pieces are small and light enough to easily carry to the assembly point.

Wow! That might have been my first quality post. I’ll have to post some cat pictures to neutralize it.

I’ve had a Schwinn Recumbent bike for 10+ years and it’s always worked well. I highly recommend the product… for exercising or as the occasional clothes rack!