Science Fair Project

You know, I was just about to purchase this - until I realized not only is my family boycotting anything “Made In China”, we are boycotting any product that condones animal testing - and this shirt shows animal testing on mice! :frowning: So close Woot, but we can’t buy it.

Atten Woot Staffer: Continuing below is way off topic I know, but I understand if you are forced to remove this post. But may I ask that you edit out the explicit parts that you do not want shown, instead of deleting the whole post? The world has to know!

Little known fact: if, say, your shampoo has non-natural accuring chemicals (what shampoo doesn’t), the US requires that those chemicals be tested on animals, by law!

You know, I debated linking to this link below tonight. But my GF really convienced me to drive towards “No Animal Tested” and “Crulty Free” products after I saw this link below yesterday.

It’s in Japanese, but basically shows rabbits and dogs being tested until death. It states rabbits are the best subjects, because they cannot cry. In the first set, they purposely pour the chemicals into rabbits eyes, blinding them with no pain medicine.

This is how you get your Johnson-n-Johnson “No Tears” and “Children Safe” shampoo and hand lotion products!!! Yes, J-n-J is one of the biggest abusers of animals, because they have to by US law.

WARNING: Do not click if you have a weak stomech.

http://www.coara.or.jp/~wadasho/doubutu.html

English Version translated via Google (yeah, not perfect)
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.coara.or.jp%2F%7Ewadasho%2Fdoubutu.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

wow…uhh…what? that was the dumbest overdramatic post in the history of the internet

Yes, Nerds ARE cool.

Like someone else stated before me, I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing this since I am a girl.

Uh, this wasn’t a design we voted on. Those designs are posted Friday through Sunday mornings. This shirt falls squarely on the squares at Woot. However, I do think this design is quite good and funny myself.

as much as i respect your views, and i really do, i have many friends that feel the same, but i cant help but remind you, that…

its just a shirt. and in the making of this shirt, im sure, that no animals were harmed.

p.s. if i had a pet rat that could shoot lasers, i would so be in for 3

Sorry to rain on your parade but the computer that you posted this from, was made in China.

Love the shirt! Reminds me of some great times as the rebellious kid amongst all the science-lovers at regionals…

If I were in high school, and had to do a science project, and didn’t mind pissing off ALL of my family and friends, here’s what I would do:

I would tell everyone that I’m working on an important science project, where I have to grow twelve plants. I’ve even named them… Specimens A through L. I have big hopes for the project, it could even get me to the state championship. So I want everyone to pray that those twelve plants grow just as tall and healthy as they can.

What I wouldn’t tell them is: I actually have 24 plants.

Guess I’m missing something with these shirts. They are ‘cute’ but I can’t see too many adults wearing them. Maybe just me, as they must be selling.

You are mean. In your next life I hope you come back as a bunny. That is really sad and I will never by J&J again. Thanks for the info on the dogs and bunnys and I think this shirt is great too!

you’re oversensitive.

i also hope i come back as a bunny…call me Sir Tenderloin

Did you hit “post” before you finished or is the punch line really just “I have 24 plants?” I don’t think I get it. I was enjoying the set-up though.

classic red vs blue. Love it

i don’t know what it is about this shirt, but i just gotta have it…
mice shooting lasers? that’s awesome!

The joke is that the experiment would be testing to see if the prayers actually help.

1. I believe (though I’m not sure and have no sources) that such experiments have already been conducted, with mixed results.
  2. The experimental design is flawed. There is no way to know for sure that the prayers were actually made, and even if they were, the prayer could have been worded as “all the plants” instead of “the 12 plants.”
  3. Christian belief does not state that you get whatever you pray for.

Yeah, that’s what I figured the joke was, but just stating that he has 24 plants doesn’t really drive that home. What would be especially funny is if he just let all 12 shrivel and die. Then his friends and family could wonder what they did to spite God.

OK, I don’t need the gore to convince me to not buy things that are tested on animals, I find it to be a a bit of a road block for meaningful debate. So, I didn’t check out your link, but I agree, animal testing at the level and scope that it is used today is pretty grotesque. I respect that you feel passionately about it, but it’s tough to steer folks to you side if you come off as “evangelical” ya know?

So I am going to buy this shirt and the next day I’ll wear this one:

that’s from $15 Select T-shirt Styles featuring Threadless artist community designs

And, of course, when I get my Chinese Rebate on the 17th I’ll wear this one:

I love this one.

Again, prayer is not the same as magic.

gee wiz… that was big.

You can resize images like this:

[im**g=200x200]http://www.website.com/an_image.jpg[/img]

Where 200x200 can be whatever size you want (widthxheight, I believe) and the URL is, of course, the URL of the image. =)

too geeky for me