Scott Harvey 2007 InZINerator - 4 Pack

Can I drink two now and one in four and another in 7?..

Wonderful wine. In for one. Perhaps 2?!

Got some grapey questions here. What’s the appellation for this wine? Where were the grapes sourced from? Are the port varietals included for sweetness or because they’re mixed in the vineyard like a Field blend?

[QUOTE=Sirwootsalot, post:19, topic:291218]
In for one. :slight_smile:

Wow, expensive day for me. Bought the Kodak camera on woot, the breadmaker on sellout.woot, and now the Zin on wine.woot!

[quote]

Now if you had only ordered from kids.woot and t-shirt woot today also you would have achieved a WOOT SLAM !

In for one, was looking forward to this one and I have been digging Zinfandel’s lately.

Would totally love to rat this one.

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create one now …

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

For all those new to “Labrat” and/or “rattery” ……

Cheron98 has kindly put all information about the Labrat program at the beginning of the Labrat Thread (where she kindly and graciously cross-posts all the labrat posts into one convenient place).

She has the rules of “rattery” there, as well as a listing of the labrats and offers from June 2 of 2008.

Only the Monday offer will have labrats. Offers later in the week will not.

In essence, once you sign up for the labrat program, you are eligible to receive an additional bottle from the current offer (via FedEx overnight) if:

a) You must be 21.
b) Sign up for the labrat program (a page that you can go to and fill out a form).
c) You purchase the new Sunday/Monday offer before the deadline (10 am CT, Monday).

Don’t buy until AFTER the 10 AM Central Time Monday deadline if you know you will be out of town from that Wednesday on.

I don’t think we’ve ever had a sellout before the labrat deadline, so by waiting until after 10 AM on Monday, you guarantee you’ll avoid the labrat blues (i.e., being out of town with a labrat box waiting for you).

There are no set guidelines other than doing your best to present your opinions about the labrat bottle in a timely manner (since there may be some people on the fence about the current offer, and are waiting for your opinions). You can be as creative (or not) as you want. Read thru some of the previous labrats to get an idea. There are a lot of humorous reports, as well as serious ones.

Some have used the UC Davis Wine Scoring System and others have used the Parker 100 point system. Others have just used “It’s Good!”. There is no right or wrong way to report.

For a quick overview of the majority of wine scoring systems, the DeLong Wine Ratings Review is available as a PDF.

DeLong Wine has been on Wine.Woot before with their Varietal Chart and Tasting Books, and sponsors The Century Club for those who have tasted over 100 different varietals (and we have several Wine.Wooters as members, with others on the verge). Check out Century Club thread in the World of Woot Wine for more info. And they’ve added a “Doppel Member” status for those who have tasted over 200 different varietals.

Connecticut can’t have nice things. :frowning:

In particular, for those not familiar with regular wootings, Scott Harvey is one of the most highly-thought of makers around these parts, and our most venerated wooter rpm’s rat review was posted after the bottling - course a must-read - although his bottle was suffering from bottle shock from recent bottling AND transit.
Cheron98’s rat notes here, and
wootified’s notes here, and
consanguinous’ notes here.

It’s .8% RS and probably what I’d call an off-dry red. Scott knows how to make drinkable and interesting wines! I’ll be interested to see if the heat has now gone from these… and how I like it compared to my current favourite Zin, Wellington’s 05.

In for one and available for the FIRST time in AGES to rat for the first time EVER :smiley:

Also, see the last Inzinerator offering of the 06 version for more Inzin reactions and wisdom from wooters and Scott Harvey.
And the previous, Magnum of 04 Inzin woot, and the Inzin04 woot of 2008.

Note that this is EVEN BETTER VALUE, as last time it was $40 for 3 and this time it’s $50 for 4!

some may use the Davis system, but on reading it it’s so plain, rigid and inflexible, IMHO it’s entirely unusable as a good communicative tool to impart information about a wine in an informatively interesting enough matter for anyone to give a fuck about it. It’s trying to be almost all objective in a space where most of the important parts are so filtered by our minds that objectivity in its narrowly-defined sense is both impossible and meaningless. There are many ways to grade something, but I, personally, would deem the Davis system a bad, or even wrong way to report!

In for 2!

Would love to be a rat for the first time!

Please consider me as a motivated Rat! I’ve read all the praise and look forward to experiencing it for myself. If the Rat Reports indicate what I expect, I’ll be upping my order (onlong with many others I suspect)!

I’m in, and am available to rat.

In for 1. Would like to labrat.

I am in for 3 couldn’t pass this one up
I would love to labrat for this one
It would be ther perfect way to spend Tuesday on the patio with a good bottle and good friends!

Drink now or hold for a few years? I’m full on holders so looking for something I can drink in the next year or so. Or month at the rate I drink wine.

Wait!

No North [state anything] on the shipping list?

NC is almost never off that list!

But it is for the best. I was just thinking last night that I was getting bare-ish on zin, and as it is mere days away from my birthday, I was likely to buy a case of this wine. And while I am low on zin, that doesn’t mean that I am either rolling in empty wine-slots or money.

Sigh.

Why no NC!?

Any food pairing suggestions?