Scott Harvey 3 Region Riesling - Three Pack

Got 2 last time - wish I could afford 2 more now. Fantastic juice.

fyi,i bought a few wine woots, and they’re packaged very well–with fitted inserts. arrived in perfect condition.

You are wrong.

The Michigan Riesling is the best wine I have ever had. Seriously. I am calling every wine fan I know right now telling them to buy. These are amazing wines.

You’re wrong. (But let’s talk!) So many Rieslings, from so many regions, so many producers – that’s a pretty broad brush!

I guess I’d want to hear which domestic Rieslings you’ve tried.

Your raves have convinced me, and I jumped in with both feet for 2 packs. Have only purchased winewoot once before, but it was a great discovery (of course, then i was bummed when having to pay retail to replenish my stocks).

I joined the Scott Harvey wineclub over these. So I don’t pay retail anymore. Even still, I bought this, because the discount is about 50% from retail, and still pretty huge ($32 or so) from wine club.

I bought 3 sets last time and I’ve tried and enjoyed each one. It’s hard to find a dry riesling sometimes and these make me really happy. I can’t do another set right now but if they show up again in oh, June or July I’ll triple down again.

Noooooo! My favourite, I bought the first offering in February’s woot. Scott trained in Germany, and it shows. My faux-rattage:

The Leelanau Riesling is on a par with the best German Kabinett Rieslings I have tasted. Subtle, refreshing, a little hint of sweetness (off-dry) with htat wonderful loong acid metallic aftertaste. Picked early, with low alcohol (as it should be). Have a search for Scott on Riesling in the blogs… see the box to the right. He’s the uber expert.

The other two (Jana Napa and Scott H Riesling) aren’t as intense, but still subtle, refreshing, and great wines. Must Buy.

Here’s what I wrote recently in a cyberub about the Leelanau:

“I just tried Scott Harvey’s Leelanau Jana Riesling. Truly excellent Kabinett-style as Scott said. Gooseberries, florals, lemons on the palate; slightly sweet but with so much fresh soft acid and green citrus fruits it holds its balance perfectly. Has a truly long long metallic acid-floral finish. One of the most complex refreshing wines I have ever tasted! I want cases of the stuff.”

I hate you wine.woot! 3x3 K’ching.

I’m not gonna lie, I hated the Jane.

True, I like my Rieslings sweet, and that was definitely part of the problem. However, I’m not opposed to a dry red.

Dry whites, in my opinion (and I fully admit this is my opinion only) have a note I can only describe as urine. Must be the acidity?

Think your average Chard and that’s what this tasted like to me, rather than a Riesling. I honestly thought the first bottle must have gone off or something.

If that sounds good to you, go for it. If not, I’d avoid or you will be disappointed.

ETA: Haven’t cracked open the Scott Harvey yet. I’m afraid to.

I’ve had so many wines shipped to me that my UPS man now comments if one of my packages ISN’T wine. I’ve never had breakage. It really shouldn’t be a worry for you.

WW, you own me, 2 woot off’s in a day! I’m hoping that champagne or sparkling doesn’t show up before the end of the woot off or I’m going to turn my credit card number over to you.

So tempted! However I am overloaded with whites & am not a huge riesling fan, though obviously others love them.

I love the way woot packs their wines. I won’t even by from a certain other wine website because they pack in styrofoam. This packing is all recyclable & well packed.

I wanna try a Scott Harvey Red!

As was stated below (actually from my post it is above), Scott was trained in Germany and makes his Rieslings in the German style. I’ve only had the Leelanau so far, and I loved it. Can’t wait to drink my other ones.
Only reason I’m not buying right now is because I still have a handful…and I’ll be seeing Scott in July for the tour. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll pass. Not a fan of dry wines…

fair enough. it’s more off-dry, and Amazing Rieslingish with florals in abundance, and neat sharp acid length. I’m not that keen on sharp dry wines (French Loire, some NZ Sauv Blancs). This is much more accessible, while still being really really comples for peopel hwo liek interesting wines. I’d really say it’s worth wooting one to see.

I’ll back this - I served the Michigan at a party, and my wine snobbiest friend was very much surprised that it was a new world Riesling.

not entirely on topic here with this particular wine… more of relating to all of wines in california. How global warming is affecting the quality/price etc, of wines in California. http://fora.tv/2010/04/17/Climate_Change_in_California_Impact_on_the_Wine_Industry

I’ve bought a fair bit of wine lately (damn you woot!) so i’ll have to pass on this one though. :frowning:

Umm… Not sure how to respond to this, but I’m going to assume it is hyperbole. I mean seriously – the best wine you’ve ever had? I question either your palate or your experience.

I’ll admit to low experience. /shrug.

Still bloody good stuff.

I WANT I WANT! I wish you would ship to NH!!!