Scott Harvey Holiday Mixed Case

Well, you can always use them in a Sangria (Red or White) recipe.

IIRC, the Last Kiss White was used in a terrific punch/sangria at Scott & Jana’s Wine Stomp earlier this year. It was fantastic!

Edit: Quite possibly this one!

Agreed!
I had the OLK Rose and Whites at his house during the Tour. Much lighter styles, good balance that you’d expect from Scott. They also both make fabulous sangria.

Jana and I land in Sacramento around noon today. From there we’ll be going directly to Napa to pick up the first 120 cases and will be delivering them to woot in Sonoma so they can ship right away.

I haven’t had a Scott Harvey offering yet that I didn’t like. As for the rose… I’m not usually a fan, but I’ve had at least one pricey meal where a rose was the perfect wine. And if I hate it, it’s an excuse to drive up and give the Harvey’s a piece of my mind. And pick up lunch at the Oakville Grocery…

Really??? :tongue:

Scott and Jana, lovely to see you back on woot! Despite my complete and utter lack of space plus the nine bottles I’ve yet to pick up, I’m still on the fence! That’s quite the compliment to how I view your wine.

Are all party attendees able to participate in the judging contest, or are only the golden ticket winners eligible for that honour? I’m hoping to pull a repeat of my success on the Tour :slight_smile:

Arrghh…I already have so many bottles of Scott’s wine, wine club bottles, separate purchases. What to do…must ponder this.

And a great deal…

Yeah yeah…you type faster than I do :tongue:

I’m on the fence as well. I love Scott’s wines, but I’m about to move, and this is a big chunk of money to throw down for the wine. Unlike Sparky I do not have extra money or extra wine lockers to stash 12 bottles in. Also at the rate I’m drinking right now, it will be a long while before I go through this case.

All party attendees are able to participate in the judging contest.

I believe the Golden Tickets get you in for free, and that all who attend (Free or Paid) are eligible to participate.

Edit: Scott types faster … :frowning:

Will these babies get to me before Christmas? I live in San Diego, CA :slight_smile:

I suspect we’ll get them next week in SoCal. It’s been that way for most of my shipments to LA County lately.

I had options as to what to drink on Thanksgiving; I ended up drinking the 2006 Zinfandel Mountain Selection – Different from the one offered here, but it was in tremendous shape. Still has the essence of the first bottle. I’m very glad to have another waiting for me in storage.

This offer should have something for everyone! I’m sorely tempted. I would love to have another couple bottles of that mountain selection syrah; I just wish one of the rieslings were included.

What’s up with the added “mixed port varieties?”

DANG YOU SIWBM!!! WHYYYY?

Just to clarify…

Does mixed port varieties mean the wine contains port style wine in the blend for fortification?

Does it mean there are varietals typically used in the making of port style wine in the blend?

The definition of “Port” is undergoing some changes in the EU as they are trying to consolidate the laws pertaining to wine. That is an entirely different conversation though. Too late now, I’m rambling, goodnight!

On the final order verification page it says One of each wine, not two! Am error, methinks!

[QUOTE=lassow, post:37, topic:302830]
Just to clarify…

Does mixed port varieties mean the wine contains port style wine in the blend for fortification?

The port style wine means the wine we make called Forte. If the final blends needs a little of our Forte, I will blend in just a small amount, to soften the edges of the wine.

If you happen to be one of the lucky ones that gets a ticket then I think you can do some horse trading with the Wooters!