Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Zin (5)

Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Zinfandel 5-Pack
$74.99 $140.00 46% off List Price
2011 Scott Harvey Zinfandel, Mountain Selection, Amador County
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
11/29/14

previous offer with some informative comments.
Already sitting on five, or I’d be in on this.
Excellent reserved older-world style zin here.

Oh man… Scott Harvey is a weakness for me…

I actually passed on this one last time it came around… but even though I literally just purchased a different set on WTSO, I just have to pick this up too. I have a problem haha

Last Wooter to Woot:
jcassens5

Last Purchase:
a minute ago

Scott Harvey makes incredible wines. If anyone is on the fence, you should go for it. You won’t be disappointed.

My memory needs some refreshing though. How long will these hold up for in the cellar?

I didn’t see any notes in the previous comments about how long until they are past their prime.

Currently have 4 in the cellar myself … But it’s so tempting…

Scott Harvey … nuff said, in for one!

This is my question. I recently got what I thought was going to be a terrific Syrah from wine.woot. However, after opening two bottles, they were barely drinkable and obviously past their prime. I am holding on to the last two to give to non-wine snob friends who will not know the difference. :slight_smile:

Seriously, though, I would be in for a couple of these but I am afraid they are past their prime and thus the discounted price.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

rpm AUTO-BUY - this is a delightful Amador Zin, a highly successful wine in a difficult year! SWMBO and I had a bottle of this (serendipitously) from the last order last week and she was was in love with it!

Rather an old-world style - restrained, but with good fresh fruit aromas of raspberries. Medium body, fine color, solid middle palate and a nice medium length finish.

This is an oustanding wine for a very reasonable price for drinking over the next few years. It could be aged, but I think it will be best enjoyed over the next couple of years.

I’m in for two (storage issues otherwise 3…) and highly recommend you do the same!

Scott Harvey is always an auto buy. I brought this in the last offering. I am not much for allowing wines to age, so HWMBO and I have already been enjoying the last offering.

Ha! I was just telling my friend (literally, on Sunday) that I would get more of this the next time it came up. Woot, are you starting to read my mind? (If so, keep it up!)

This is a great Zin for a great price. I don’t have any real tasting notes, but polished off the rest of a bottle last night. It’s very well balanced; doesn’t punch you in the face with fruit and spice like some zins.

Last wooter to woot:lseewoester

Haven’t had any of Scott’s wines in the rack for a while and love a good zin so…

Last wooter to woot:cynthylee
Last purchase:a few seconds ago

Cheers!

SWMBO and I are huge fans of this stuff. The only Amador county wine of Scott’s that we like more is his Barbera (which is unbelievably good). I’ve tried to slow my roll on woot recently because we learned in January that SWMBO is pregnant, but I’m not sure I can resist this!

Hi Everyone,
Just found out we are up on woot, thanks to WineDrew. Most the questions so far are about the drinking window. This wine with its lower 3.6 pH should be a 10 year plus wine. It is drinking nicely now and will hold until 2021. The wine has some added complexity because I blended in 7% Fiddletown Syrah and 5% Barbera. Also, 3% of the Zinfandel is from Calistoga, Napa Valley. The Syrah adds richness to the center palate. The Barbera adds bright red fruit notes and age-ability. The Napa Zinfandel adds a little cherry cola note to the wine. I’ll be on the road today between Napa and Amador, but will bring along my computer and log on to answer further questions where I can get WIFI.

It seems the percent off is a little misleading. I just looked on the Scott Harvey website and they are currently selling this for $24.
That makes it more like a 37.5% discount instead of the listed 46%

The discount usually includes shipping costs as well, since those are baked into woot’s numbers.

Makes sense. THanks for the explanation.

I’m in for a set, welcome back Scott! :slight_smile:

Hey Scott -

I was just at 45 North on Saturday and they send their best regards.

This wine was BAKED?

In for 10.