Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Zin (5)

I know the winemaker already weighed in on this, but I wanted to echo his sentiments. Our family’s favorite varietal is zinfandel. We opened a bottle of the 2008 version of this wine over the holidays and it was drinking very well. I would guess it could easily sit in my cellar another 3-5 years with no degradation whatsoever. A lot of zins need to be consumed relatively young, this is not one of them imho.

It’s the latest craze! I like mine just a little crispy around the edge of the glass.

Scott’s Zins hold up beautifully, don’t worry about the drinking window unless you store wine in your kitchen!

can anyone (Scott) compare/contrast the mountain selection (red label) with the reserve (white label) zins?

I’ve thought the same thing about Scott’s wines in general, especially the Zins, but leave it to Stillman to phrase it so eloquently.

Auto-buy. In for 2!

Stranger danger! Stranger danger!

Not sure exactly who I was trying to decieve earlier…

First Sucker: deneylam
Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

This seems like a good time to mention that we will once again be getting a group of wine.wooters together to attend Scott and Jana Harvey’s Winemaker’s Dinner at The Wooster Inn in Wooster, OH on Friday April 17, 2015.

Click HERE for the details and to express an interest in attending.

It makes me wish I still lived in Cleveland. People don’t generally make it out to South Dakota.

Wow! That’s not too far from me… I’d love to go to this sometime but we’ll be in Japan this year at that time. Maybe next year!

I’ll take two if you are willing. No worries if not. Just trying to save you some $ before D&D :slight_smile:

I was a frequent Wine.Woot buyer until The Great State Drawdown of 2013 occurred. I had given up all hope of ever buying here again.

So, imagine my surprise when I saw that we were back on the list (IDK when it really happened, I was just aware of it a few days ago).

So, today, I see some Scott Harvey wines, my faves. I had had finished my last bottle (a 2006 zin, as it happens) a few weeks ago. I had to go in, if for no other reason than just to celebrate our return to the fold.

It’s nice to be back.

Maybe you could plan a visit to some old friends or family members around that weekend? Just a thought…

Hope you can make it in 2016!

Too bad I they don’t offer frequent woot points. I have none left from the last offering, and like the previous poster mentioned, it’s great to be back!

I am astonished this has not yet sold out! C’mon people, this is good stuff! Buy it already!

Not even a wine dinner with Scott Harvey would ever bring me to say “I wish I still lived in Cleveland”. The 24 years I spent there were fine but I have zero desire to move back.

Since I will not be joining you in Wooster, in for one. :wink:

The button is pulsing, last call!

I sure have enjoyed the 45 North wines over the years. Great cold climate Riesling.