Scott Harvey Mtn Selection Barbera (5)

Is that the one we opened at the end? It was pretty tasty…

If only you could put together one of those “deliver to your door” offers of this wine paired with that tasty-sounding halibut dish as a woot-plus! :wink: Insta-buy :slight_smile:

A Poem for Scott Harvey

Oh tender of the vineyard’s vine,
I don’t get no Food and Wine!
What was in that tasty brine?
I need to make that dinner mine.
(Please excuse my rhyming whine.)
Edit:
I should buy some? OK, fine.

I like it. I’ll have to show it to Jana.
Cheers

It was. Lost brought it.

You drank all the wine! I’m shocked!

Why wasn’t I there?

TryTHIS

Come on by. I know where there is more.

I thought off duty winemakers only drank cheep beer?

Oh, THAT. (Thanks!)

SH is always good. I haven’t had his barbera yet, but saw a bottle at a local wine store. I’ll swing by on my way home from work to pick it up and post some notes tonight, not that my palate is trustworthy, especially compared to many who frequent this forum…

Without a doubt, SH proves the best customer service of any winery I have dealt with. So you get a quality wine along with A+ service. What more could you want?

And I just spent 2+ hours sorting thru all the cooking, and other, mags to find that issue.

Geeze Chip; get on top of it and post links more quickly. :wink:

You were busy?

http://i33.tinypic.com/24nlli1.jpg

Bought locally for about $20 for a bottle with tax, so this is a solid deal on a good wine. I wanted to post earlier but got out of work later than I hoped.

Pnp, wine is clear and free of sediment. Nose reveals raspberries, jammy plums, little alcohol. Nice, full nose. Alcohol dissipated after a few minutes. Palate is much thinner than the nose suggests. Same fruit as the nose, no real heat, nice and smooth, just thinner than I expected. Medium short finish. Hoping it improves with some air. I’ll update after dinner and the wine airs for an or so hour.

Didn’t open up too much more after a few hours, but still very enjoyable and well worth the price here. It is a very smooth and easy drinking wine. I prefer Scott’s zins myself, but any barbera fans will definitely want to jump on this if they haven’t already!

cheers to you for coming back with the notes.

Marrrkkkkkk!