Scott Harvey Reserve Barbera (3)

Because I’m not very knowledgeable about wine, when/how should I drink this? Do I need to let it open up a bit or can I just get my instant gratification on and just drink immediately? What is peak window for drinking? How much longer should it age, etc? Thanks in advance for educating me.

This is super yummy!!!

We tasted this with Scott and Jana at their winemaker’s dinner in Wooster, OH a couple months ago. Although Scott is known as a “Zin Master”, his Barberas may be even better. This is less expensive than club member pricing and woot’s affordable shipping makes it an even better value.

The wine is drinking nicely now. It has been in the bottle for almost two years. It still is showing its young side and has not developed bottle bouquet yet. So, the fruits are still bright red fruits. In another 2 to 3 years it will develop bottle bouquet and then should go on to last until 2022.

Since the CellarTracker entries are all created by Users, people often create a wine in the system before they look to see what other ones already exist. Or they think what they are creating is different from what is already there, when in reality it isn’t.

You’ll see the one listed as:
Scott Harvey Barbera (USA, California, Sierra Foothills, Amador County)
does not have any images attached, and only has entries created for 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, & 2008…with very few people recording inventory of them. That entry was most likely created in error.
It’s also possible in the early years (ie. 2002, etc) that Scott did not designate them as Mountain Selection, but I don’t believe so. Scott, if you still see this, can you confirm?

If they never existed without the Mountain Selection designation, then the duplicate should be eliminated by someone (I will do it, if no one else does) posting in the CT forum to have the two wines merged and the non-desingation one eliminated.

How about getting a license to ship to Maryland? Please.

This is Scott’s best wine of a very good bunch. I’m sad to have missed it.

Thanks for another great wine Scott! I can’t thank wine.woot enough for bringing you to my attention back in 2007.

I insist whoever messed up inventory be flogged!

Yeah…I was wondering what other people thought about that. Oh well…guess I’ll just have to make do with the new one.

The whole thing makes no sense:

1. It’s available from Scott’s website
  2. It seems like nobody is getting any 2009
  3. They’re bottling 2011 when 2010 isn’t even out yet?

I agree…I am really put off by the whole debacle especially since it is still available at the winery. Scott also participated in the woot and then the wine woot slap in the face…we ran out and will send the 2011…That is Pure BS…Woot should make good on this offer and pay Scott whatever he wants for it and send what was ordered, “The 2009”

I’m curious,who got the 2009?
I know I didn’t.
Was this a bait and switch?

I think nobody got 2009…