Scott Harvey Wines: RPM III Tour

The wine has a low pH and will hold up for sure until 2015. Until 2025, I doubt it. If I had it in a 3 liter, it would. I’m headed up to the tasting room today. I’ll see if they have a 3 liter of 2004.

Fingers crossed on my end.

We have to get over to you and visit next time we are out your way. We spend a lot if time around the Murphys area - specifically Twisted Oak :slight_smile:

what happens in Scott’s basement, stay’s in Scott’s basement…

That sounds very Silence of the Lambs - It puts the wine in the bottle.

Tasting room doesn’t have any 3 liter bottles of 2004. Let us know when you’re visiting St. Helena. We’ll open and try one of the 750ml bottles of the 2004 and see if we think it will hold until 2025.

Seems like it. Im wondering if the 3L syrah will hold until 2029 in my closet? Thanks!

Thanks for checking Scott - really appreciate it. Do you do tastings out in Suttor Creek?

What am I missing? I live in Connecticut, which allows direct shipment of wine, but we are not on the list for these wines, and several others I would have liked to try…

My wife and I really, really like the '07 InZINerator. I think I might have one bottle still stashed away somewhere. If it were regular bottles, or even a regular magnum, I’d buy in a heartbeat. For a double magnum…I’ll have to figure out whether I can find a place to store it.

I’ll probably pick up one or two of the Old Vines, at least.

And because I happened to find this while answering my wife’s question as to whether Scott was the same winemaker she was thinking of, I’ll share it here (just for the introductory photo): 38th Harvest With Scott Harvey Wines

[*] Every winery needs a separate license from each state.

The 2004 Reserve Syrah is in our cellar in St. Helena. There isn’t any at the tasting room.

That photo was when I was filtering White Harvest Zinfandel in rthe 1980 vintage. Be nice to be back at that weight again.

Well - I went in on the old vines zin.

I was just checking out your website also - made me think about how good the Jana Cathedral was you had on woot a while back. Any chance that will come up again soon??

Really have to swing by and join up as a member.

I’m guessing you don’t taste the Cathedral at Sutter Creek right.

Have a good weekend!

The Cathedral is open for tasting at the Sutter Creek tasting room. The tasting room staff love pouring it and have a good knowledge of the wine’s production.

So, when Connecticut (which, as stated, allows direct shipment of wine) is not included, I should lobby the winery(s) to be licensed with my state, not contact my state reps? Sorry, as you can guess, I’m pretty new here :slight_smile:

Super - will try to head over next weekend.

Yes—and dig up as much information as you can about the CT winery licensing process/requirements, to include with your petition to the winery/ies. Make it as easy for them as you can!

Jana Winery Riesling Angel Ice sounds amazing. If anyone has had it I would be interested in your tasting notes.

Thanks.

One of the best dessert wines you will ever have, period.

I guess i wont be getting that inzin afterall, since it sold out while im out of town. I was just going to take advantage of shipping and get that and the DH zin up this morning. Maybe ill just save the money and have my wife call jana as scott suggested