Sea Eagle 8 Classic Fisherman's Dream

That’s a decent price but it’s not exactly the same item. It’s the same base boat but with that one you’re not getting the motor mount and rigid floorboard included. You’re looking at 80 for the mount and another 150 for the floorboard. Means this one is still a deal, but it’s not exactly knock your socks off pricing. Direct from sea eagle WITH a 30 lb trolling motor included it’s only 650, so that whole “56% off!” business is a little skewed to begin with.

I didn’t realize my wife was logged in when I made this post. Guess I sacrificed a quality post.

that is why the repair kit is included))

the boat in the above review is not the same boat for sale.

Stay away from the Sea Eagle Polyvinyl boats, nothing more really than a rugged pool toy. They do make better boats out of Denier fabric that are MUCH tougher and seaworthy, esp the catamaran models. I’ve had my catamaran for 10 years now in saltwater and it’s still plugging along just fine.

As an aside, I’m glad to see Woot putting sport items in the sport category that I might actually be interested in buying, I’ve been wondering lately what the heck has been going on.

Figure on an extra 120 bucks if you want to match that. The one for sale here is with the inflatable seats, the one there has the wooden front and back seats. They make a pretty big difference in comfort and stability.

Dont buy it here! This is NOT the fishermans dream package, the actual package is actually $549 at the manufactures website. And also this “deal” doesn’t come with the Motormount Support Bench Seat and the Wooden Bench Seat that its supposed to come with. If you buy the regular boat package on the website for $215 and buy the floorboard set for $155 you will get the same package for $14.99 cheaper. The one person from Oregon who bought it got ripped off.

[MOD: Our package is slightly different than the Fisherman’s Dream Package referenced at $549, because it comes with inflatable seats rather than hard seats. The above only references the boat and floor boards, but we are also including the motor mount as well.]

I have an inflatable sea eagle kayak its quite nice.

Fisherman’s Dream lol One well placed hook and you are sinking

Don’t use the word “plugging” when refering to inflatable boats.

I sense a typo… Somebody left out the word “Bad” when referring to dreams.

That said… These boats might be great little lake boats, don’t forget your life jackets. I don’t personally trust boats like this in the ocean for more than a dinghy… To get you from the anchored real boat to shore, and in cases of sinking real boat. Test the air-fastness regularly, as we recently had to repair a similar boat mid-trip.

Optimist view:

I didn’t realize my wife was logged in when I made this post. Guess I shared a quality post.

That is a better way to look at it, and I am an optimist.

Well…the middle seat would be designed to be backwards seeing as you use oars to power this vessel if you dont have a motor. With oars you face the rear…however i dont see a middle seat in any of these pictures and was wondering about that.

TO THOSE OF YOU WISHING TO MOUNT A MOTOR TO A BOAT YOU BOUGHT ONLINE… Look at your state laws before trying it. I just went through a few weeks of hell with my own inflatable boat here in New Jersey.

Again, YMMV, but this was my experience…

I bought an Intex Excursion 5 (a larger inflatable) from Amazon at the beginning of July. I also bought a small electric trolling motor to attach to the transom of this thing because the thought of paddling it down a river made me sick.

Now, according to NJ state law, if you attach ANY kind of motor to a boat, it MUST be registered with the DMV. Yes, even an electric trolling motor. To register the boat, you’ll of course need proof that you bought the boat (invoice from Amazon), AND that you’re the first owner of the boat (Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin). Ugh.

Obviously, if you buy a boat online, there is no “Certificate of Origin” with it, because there’s no “dealer” to “assign” the boat to you after purchase. Luckily(?), Intex (and I assume other manufacturers) have a “fill in your Hull ID number and print out a Certificate” thing on their website…well, NJ didn’t like the printed copy, they wanted the original signed copy direct from the manufacturer, and then I’d have to send it to Amazon to get someone to sign it saying I was the first owner of the boat. Ugh.

OK, so great…I got all that figured out, it took about two to three weeks of sending things around the country, but I got my paperwork finalized, and finally got the boat registered, and affixed the Reg number on both sides of the boat, along with the NJ decals, etc.

So I’m reading through the DMV manuals for boating, and I realize…to operate a powered boat on any NJ waterway, tidal or not, I need to take an 8-hour course and get a NJ State boating safety certificate. GOOD LORD…

I figured, why the heck not, I’m already so invested…so I signed up for the course, passed it, got my boating certificate, and I’m good to go…or am I?

Turns out, that if I want to operate my powered vessel on a NON-TIDAL waterway, I also need to go BACK to the DMV with my new Boating certificate and get a boating endorsement on my license.

After everything was said and done, my $120 boat cost me around $500, and countless hours/days/weeks of aggravation. If your state has similar laws, I suggest you forget powering your boat in any way other than by paddling it.

Here is a positive fishing review. I am really considering this thing as i camp along a river most of the summer and have been debating on getting a kayak or canoe. This is calling my name.

I have the SE9 which differs from this one only in that it is a bit larger. I have no fear of fishhooks with this boat; It is NOTHING like a pool toy. I have used mine extensively for snorkeling and fishing in the Fla. Keys (think rocky beaches, coral, gravel, etc.) with no damage or even noticeable wear. I was impressed enough after getting this boat that I got two Sea Eagle kayaks, as well.

What I like: It’s durable, compact when deflated, and inflates quickly. No trailer hassle. Impressive capacity.

What I don’t like: It is not fast under oars or power. (I run a Nissan 3.5hp outboard off the back which moves it along at between 5-7 knots.) Like the kayaks, it is affected by wind more than other boats. Looks dorky.

This is a tough, fun, stable knockabout boat for your family. It’s not a runabout that is going to zip you through the waves or speedily get you from your yacht to shore.

for those now suddenly finding themselves thinking an inflatable is for them…take a look over at Amazon under inflatable kayaks. There are tons (well inflatables…prob not tons) of them for sale.

I have an Advanced Elements and it rocks. I don’t know how inflation works for the woot model, but the AE’s are triple lined - first the inflatable, then a canvas covering over the inflatable – and then the boat canvas skin. They simply can not be over inflated so they get rock hard and glide over the water. Just got back from a week at a family camp and it was the envy of all those using the cheap plastic kayaks.

It’s $378 on the manufcturer’s website. $299 for the boat package with these accessories and $79 for the motor mount. Good boat bur Not a good deal.

[Mod: Our boat also includes the floor boards, which retail for $155 alone.]

Woot, you are failing us on this one.

#1: This is not a deal.

#2: You are lying about / misrepresenting the retail price.

Woot exists because we trust you, and because you find us good deals.

I (humbly) suggest you ask Sea Eagle to include the 2 wooden seats (or drop the price $50-100) then it’s worthy for woot…And change the “retail” price to the price that’s on Sea Eagle’s website.

Woot is awesome, please stay that way!

**[MOD: Our package is slightly different than the Fisherman’s Dream Package referenced at $549, because it comes with inflatable seats rather than hard seats. The above only references the boat and floor boards, but we are also including the motor mount as well.] **