Seagate 250GB SATA Hard Drive

Well, my two refurbed woot drives have been working perfectly (on 24/7) since I got them…

Really, half a year and a refurb, not very safe. Better to spend that $25 more to get a new one with 5 year warranty. I mean 180days, they must no feel that secure about drive lasting long if they make it that short

This a beter buy than the caviar but still a no go

oupost has this for 70 shipped. faster too
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4596257

according to pc magazine if it is sata tiene olor a pata

I bought 8 refurb hard drives from woot. They all worked when I got them, and not one has failed yet.

I am tempted to buy some of these, but don’t have any computer in mind to put them in. Sigh…

Manufacturer’s product overview page.
Product datasheet.
Product manual.
Installation guide.
Manufacturer’s downloads.

180 day warrenty?! yuck

I will concur that this ain’t exactly the deal it was 18 months ago (when it was same capacity, same price for Western Digital IDE drives)

Anyone else have an ad on the right side of the page beneath the podcast?

woot for Seagate SATAs! Can’t ask for a better combination of a reliable manufacturer (please let this signal the end of stupid DOA Western Digital Caviars from woot) and speedy SATA Barracuda goodness.

wooted two. Perhaps impulsive, but hopefully I can sell these for a nice profit.

Cheers!

The majority of my drives are Seagate, but a refurbished and only 10% (half a year) of the regular warranty? Negatory ol’ wooty. If they these were new and had the 5 year warranty, I’d be getting three new drives right now, and telling the rest of the LAN party to stock up on these too.

Silly woot! Messing with previewing the post. :wink:

Test: refurb

yea, Google Ads, really annoying

The new perp. recording drive new at newegg for $75/shipped with a 5-yr warranty…or an older, slower drive with a 180day warranty @ $60shipped.

Newegg is the better deal. I’d bite at $50 shipped. 250-300gb drives are frequently around $60 AR new.

It is funny, but psychologically speaking, if this had been under $50, I probably would have hit the ‘I want three’ button. $155 for 500 gb storage in a error correcting RAID - referb wouldn’t bother me. But it’s just far enough beyond where I can resist the temptation.

Let Dell have them.

Nice w00t! Needed more media space anyway. :slight_smile:

I checked it out and I have to say newegg’s got the bettter deal this time. theirs is even 3Gb/s

profit? rofl!!!
Hard drive prices are going down big time. Have u check out stores lately? A brand new faster drive only sells for $70 shipped right now. Same manufac.
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4596257

Hahaha Secret prices what a joke man you really need to look better. Try http://www.pricewatch.com $79.95 with 16MB cache and SATA II

Is this one of the 7200.9 SATA drives? I heard that there were some reliability issues with that model, can anyone here confirm?

Edit:Looked up the model and it appears to be a 7200.8. Should be no problem then.