Seagate FreeAgent DockStar Network Adapter

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Seagate FreeAgent DockStar Network Adapter
$19.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Seagate STDSA10G-RK FreeAgent DockStar Network Adapter with Lifetime Pogoplug Service

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

product site

wheres the hard drive :frowning:

is this USB 2.0?

All I could think of when I read the name:

Hey now, you’re a dockstar get your game on, go play
Hey now, you’re a dockstar get the show on, get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold

Lowest price is around $50. Great deal!

$49.99 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-DockStar-Network-STDSA10G-RK/dp/B002MRRU6G

3.5/5 stars with 36 reviews

the hard drive on sellout should’ve been the obvious for this right?
wrong

Soo… Is it some sort of low-end NAS controller that charges my iPod? I’m confused.

A similar version of this without the usb ports was on sale last week at OD for $1

I would love this if it wasn’t specifically for the portable FreeAgent, which I have found to be pretty slow on my USB-only dock (similar to this one, but without a network plugin).

A universal network drive adapter would be lovely.

Works well, but read the PogoPlug site’s privacy statement. Even though your data is encrypted to you via SSL, it still has to go through their servers to reach you - You have to log on to the Pogoplug website in order to access your drive’s data. This may be fine for pictures and music, but would you really want your financial data going through a third-party server?

must I have a pogo drive to enable this device?
or can I just use it much like a printserver for my usb external drives?

ie: I want to just plug in several USB external drives and hook this dock to my ethernet.

must I also signup for a pogo account?

Reviews at Google Products

SATA SATA SATA SATA!
Poor move seagate. had to go with the proprietary docking station instead of creating a device that can be used by %99 of the other, regular hard drives.

does all the data go thru their servers? or only when you are accessing it remotely (outside your home network) via the web?

No need to ask, it runs linux.

Ohhh I’ve actually got this little harddrive… I might cave in because right now it just sits on top of my case since it doesn’t look pretty on my desk.

I <3 docks… I’m a sucker.